Changing rear brake shoes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing rear brake shoes

Can anyone give me any advice about potential problems when changing rear shoes on an '87 Firebird? I've changed shoes on other cars before, but not done many which have the automatic adjusters.

Do one side at a time, and take a couple of photos I reckon. Anything liable to ping off in to the distance?

I did one way back in the days. Its pretty much straight forward. You should be fine. As long as you dont pull the e-brake when they have the drums off and you'll be fine. If I was you I'd do that and take a picture, and then do one side at once. Thats how I learned how to do drum brakes when I was like 13. I took every messure needed to make my old man proud. ha ha. Now I dont even hesitate to take everything apart with just a quick glance.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

You could do it the smart way and take a picture, or you could do it the moronic way like me and my father and just try to do it by memory lol. We were fine except for the fact that it was freakin snowing while we were doing it.....COLD

But its a pretty easy job, not more than 20 minutes or so for each.

performer manifold
      flowmaster
      magnaflow cat
      87 T/A
      91 vette TPI
      ditched FI
      Edlebrock performer
      Holley 4
      flowmaster cat back
      magnaflow cat

Just got painted black with some gold decals.......Doin burt proud

Comment