Stock C5 Z06 Wheels?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock C5 Z06 Wheels?

I have a stock '93 T/A and I might be able to get a set of stock C5 Z06 Wheels. The sizes are:
    Front: 17 x 9.5
    Rear: 18 x 10.5

I have no idea what the offsets are on these so if anyone knows that would help. I think that the fronts will probably fit but I know that those rears are cutting it close. I would have to buy some tires so there might be some wiggle room there. Any ideas?

The closest threat I could find is:
    http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=505341

I'm guessing those offsets are different from OEM, but I have no idea...

I sold the samething to a guy about a year ago an they fit just fine. He sent me pic's an was happy as H . Just my 2 cents
    Blazer

Comment

Thats what I have on my car. If all of your bushings in the rear aren't up to par, you may rub when cornering. Getting center caps this week hopefully.

1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

Stock (OEM) C5 Z06 wheels are:

F - 17x9.5" 54mm offset
        R - 18x10.5" 58mm offset

As you suspected, the fronts are no problem. On the back wheels, that's close to an 8.0" backspace, and may be enough to cause a wide tire to rub on the inner fender liner, and the inner diameter of the wheel to catch on the projecting edge of the jounce bumper bracket. You will be 0.07" deeper than the 11" ZR1 wheel, so you will have the same problem (+) that those of us running the 17x11 ZR1/GS offset wheels ran into.

The wheels in the link are not OEM, because there are no bolt heads on the stock Z06 wheels.

You may also have to grind the inside diameter of the hub hole on the rear wheels, because the 93 to late 96 rear axle hub diameter is larger than the front hub diameter, and may be too large for the hub hole in later model wheels.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X