Opti opinions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opti opinions

I'm still on my Dynaspark Opti to ship from Thunder, and, needless to say, its getting annoying. I've been thinking the past couple days and would like some opinions. Here's the options I'm entertaining...

1. Be patient and wait on the DS Opti and get the GN on the road ()
    2. Cancel the DS order and get the MSD Opti - I've read about a lot of problems though, but I'd imagine the later units have been revised. Saves $100 and ships next day from Summit
    3. Cancel the DS order and get the GM Opti - I've read that these are either hit or miss, they'll last a while or crap out quick. Saves $200 and ships next day from Summit.

Thoughts? Anything to add? Thanks guys.
    Steve
    79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
    87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
    93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
    http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Patience! Wait on the DS Opti and get the GN on the road!
    Darrin C
    '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
    07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Almost a week later and still no DS Opti. Thunder tells me they are on Dynaspark to ship them the order of Optis so they can ship me mine. Anyone care to opine on this? Should I keep ?
      Steve

Comment

tell them your gonna cancel your order unless you get a discount for your troubles....
        1994 formula A4 w/ 84,XXX MI, bone stock except MSD wires and NGK TR5 plugs

Comment

Yeah I agree. Thats horrible. Thats no good. They should help you out at least like no shipping cost or something.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

That's what I was thinking, but its not really their fault. Ugh...I just want my Dynaspark already lol
            Steve

Comment

it is their fault, its called business ethics. The reason why they are a business is to generate revenue from customers by providing a satisfactory good or service. You as a customer completed your side of the transaction, by paying them. They on the other hand have not complied with their side of the bargain.... Trust me, if that order is as late as you are saying, i KNOW they will be getting a heafty discount from their provider.
              1994 formula A4 w/ 84,XXX MI, bone stock except MSD wires and NGK TR5 plugs

Comment

That is very true. I work for a Cabinate door Maker. I work in shipping. And ill tell you that if we mess up by shipping late or anything like that, They complain and sure enough they get shipped for free and/or a discount on their next order. You always have to take care of the customer no matter what.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Steve, I would consider rebuilding yours with the MSD cap and rotor. If it is definately junk, search for a good core and rebuild it. I have heard the MSD opti is not all that it is cracked up to be, however the cap and rotor have been getting pretty good reviews. Later...
                  Greg W. in West Michigan
                  1992 Formula WS6-A/R Rims, Stock L05 swap, Former Abuse Victim
                  1983 Z28-Parts car- *Sold*
                  1984 Z28-305 HO Auto *Sold*
                  1986 Camaro-V-6 5Spd *Sold*
                  1984 Camaro-V-6 Auto *Sold*
                  <Motor out

Comment

One word I would consider.......

Delteq

Comment

The CPS sensor in my Opti is gone (no low-res pulse). I don't think a new cap and rotor will fix this.

As for the Delteq, as much as I would love to run one, I'd still have to get a new Opti and there's no way I'd pass the CA emissions check...I'd fail the visual.

I'll give Thunder a call tomorrow and see what they say. I just want my car back.
                      Steve

Comment

Working...
                      X