Riken Raptor ZR Tires...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riken Raptor ZR Tires...

Anybody have them? How are they? Im worried that even though they are made by Michellin, they are too cheap to be any good. Tire size is 275/40-17
    No F-Body right now

I don't have them, but I do have Michelin's on my 300M and can't stand them. The tread wear is aweful, they are bald and not even 2 years old. They were a pricier tire, too...the Michelin Pilots. Never will get them again.
    1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

Comment

We've put Riken's on used cars at our dealership and have not had any complaints. We even have a few employees rolling on them. Riken, Nexen, and Kumho are the ones we sell a lot of on varying size vehicles and they all seem to wear pretty well. Can't say the same for other less expensive brands like Winston and Wynstar.

The thing about Michelin's is the more you spend, the faster they are going to wear, especially on a heavy 4 door car. You probably should have gone with a tire with a greater treadwear rating and sacrificed some dry weather performance if you were worried about mileage. Of all the Michelin's we've put on, we have never had a complaint about them. As a matter of fact, we have people who buy Michelin over Goodyear, Bridgestone, and Continental (all factory tires on Nissan's). Michelin's just seem to ride better and get better mileage when compared to other comparable tires of the same treadwear and temperature ratings.
      "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

i have em, there alright... u gotto get them ballanced good thoo, othewize they shake allllllllot.
        [COLOR=Navy]2000 Navy Blue Trans Am, T Tops, Automatic, Ram Air, Slp 85mm Mas, Air Lid, Smooth bellow, Hooker 1.75 Lt's, ORY, LM1, Air/EGR delete, Throttle body coolant bypass. Msd super conductor wires. TSP cam, ss3600, svo 38LB injectors.
        Ported fast 92 mm intake and 92 mm TB on order.
        11.539 @ 118.82 1.649 60 foot.

1969 z28 - 9.957 @ 133.92 1.425 60 foot.

Comment

Working...
        X