This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is driving with my cutout off bad

Well i drive with my cutout off most of the time cause my cars old and creaks alot ,so when the cutout is off i cant hear the creaks and other sounds,my dad keeps telling me that driving with the cutout off is bad for my cars engine and computer, i think he is full of it, is he right?
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Originally posted by DHolmes
    Well i drive with my cutout off most of the time cause my cars old and creaks alot ,so when the cutout is off i cant hear the creaks and other sounds,my dad keeps telling me that driving with the cutout off is bad for my cars engine and computer, i think he is full of it, is he right?
    It can Be effecting your MPG and makes everything Rattle.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

No, its not "bad" for your car. The reduced back pressure produces a slightly improved volumetric efficiency, and the PCM can easily adjust for that change and allow the engine to run correctly, producing a bit of extra power. Probably "bad" for your ears, and will produce a lot of harmonic vibrations in the interior, sounds "bad" to most people..... but it isn't hurting anything else.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

thanks, something shakes in the back real bad ,its a speaker or the T-top storage, i cant figure it out,but i cant here it when the cutout is off hahaha ,do really think it affects my mpg?
        2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

thanks, something shakes in the back real bad ,its a speaker or the T-top storage, i cant figure it out,but i cant here it when the cutout is off hahaha ,do really think it affects my mpg?
          My buddies 93 Z has a cut out on it and it effected his by about 3 -5 miles a gallon. As for the rattle. Check the spare tire and the jack to see if they are loose. There is a chance thats what it is.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

theres a spare tire and jack hahahahah wheres that at, under the ride,thinkin about doin a ghetto install this weekend,i got the beer and wires just need a box,then i wont here no rattle hahahah,i dont notice a lose in mpg cause my mpg is better now that the rides not misfireing, really wheres the spare tire and jack hahahahaahah

Comment

theres a spare tire and jack hahahahah wheres that at, under the ride,thinkin about doin a ghetto install this weekend,i got the beer and wires just need a box,then i wont here no rattle hahahah,i dont notice a lose in mpg cause my mpg is better now that the rides not misfireing, really wheres the spare tire and jack hahahahaahah
              Wow. lol Dude you seriously need to spend more time researching and messing with your car. Yes there is a spare and jack. Its on the Rear passanger side fender. You lift the hatch and remove the Right side Plastic panel. There is 3 turn nubs that you use a quarter to turn. Then lift it and BAM. Thats where the shock sensor is when the alarm goes off. Its a great place to hide a "NOS" bottle. ha ha. A lot of my buddies would put the Nitrous bottle in there and cover it to be able to hipe it from Cops. You'd be amazed how big it is in there.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I never thought about the jack,didnt see it, figured i didnt have one,im used to them being in the trunk or under the car,ill check that out hahaha

Comment

cool ,that was a no brainer,got rid of that noise,hahahaha im pretty bad,thanks nx time i get a flat ill think about how u helped me find my jack hahahahahahahha u made AAA happy the guy with the skittle is here today

Comment

I never thought about the jack,didnt see it, figured i didnt have one,im used to them being in the trunk or under the car,ill check that out hahaha
                    Thats the trunk.lol
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

i just wasnt paying attention,what does lol mean,i see it alot,

Comment

i just wasnt paying attention,what does lol mean,i see it alot,
                        Laughing Out Loud.
                        Eddie
                        2000 M6 Trans Am
                        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

skittle guy just called talkin mess,i wont race him cause of my new clutch plate and flywheel,i dont want to mess up my car right now,he said i can drive his srt-4 tonight,

Comment

im lol too,after finding the jack, that was hella a blonde move lol

Comment

skittle guy just called talkin mess,i wont race him cause of my new clutch plate and flywheel,i dont want to mess up my car right now,he said i can drive his srt-4 tonight,
                              Whos Skittle guy?
                              Eddie
                              2000 M6 Trans Am
                              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                              X