Suspension Worked- 1/8 times

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspension Worked- 1/8 times

Well finally I got to test out all the hard work I put into the Suspension. I didnt get a hold of some Radials but oh well. I flipped the Directional tires backwards. Then I lowered my PSI to 22 pounds. I took out my spair and back seats. Was running 91 in it with some Octane Boost to prevent any Knock Retard, and have less than 1/8th of gas. So I go into the water box. Slightly spin them to dry them. Stage, hold the e-brake, rev up to about 2100 rpms and Launch. Slip off the line and spin second a bit and then the whole car stiffens up and launches hard. That thing pulled real hard.

Before suspension:
    60'= 2.34
    1/8=9.024
    MPH=82.19

After Re-location Bracket-Control arms
    Pan Hard- Springs:
    60'=2.16
    1/8=8.804
    MPH=83.95

Still Slipping like crazy but at least im in the 8's. With Radials Im sure I can Drop .3 from that. Somewhere in the ballpark of 8.5 seconds.

And It felt good b/c I was Racing a Mach1 with 305's out back. Huge compared to my 245's. ha ha ha Very Happy with the results. These results with no Power increase. You guys think with some radials and good launch Mid to Low 13's should be possible getting my 60' under 2.0 seconds?
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

did you launch the car identical to that before you did the LCA and relocation bracket upgrades?
    87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Originally posted by MunsonGTA
      did you launch the car identical to that before you did the LCA and relocation bracket upgrades?
      Nothing at all different. Went through all my normal steps and presto!.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

yea when i did what u did, cept for the tires, and springs and i left my PSi at 26. i cut a 2.132 60 foot. im sure if i had posi it woulda been better.
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
          yea when i did what u did, cept for the tires, and springs and i left my PSi at 26. i cut a 2.132 60 foot. im sure if i had posi it woulda been better.
          Yeah The Limited Slip works great. Im sure ill drop like .1-.4 with just tires.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Just curious, but why did you go through the water box? On street tires it is reccomended to avoid the water box, because you can never get all the water off them before you launch. Just do a quick burnout to clean off the tires and you're ready to go. In my old 88 GTA with stock suspension and 245's I could cut a 2.0x 60'.
            Dave M
            Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
              Just curious, but why did you go through the water box? On street tires it is reccomended to avoid the water box, because you can never get all the water off them before you launch. Just do a quick burnout to clean off the tires and you're ready to go. In my old 88 GTA with stock suspension and 245's I could cut a 2.0x 60'.
              yeah i was thinking the same thing. i have an 87 GTA and with bald tires spinning badly i still cut a 2.2 60 ft. it's probably because of the LTR setup from the tpi that gives such quick 60 ft times though.
              87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Originally posted by Dave M
                Unless You have Lane choice you have to drive through the water box. Im aware that its better to not go into the water box. I did spin the tires a little to at least get the water off the Tires. Then I went ahead and lined up.
                It would have been better if maybe I had the Spare and jacket in there for the added weight to the rear.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

most times u can go around them or just ask the guy not to spray the water when ur up next
                  2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
                    most times u can go around them or just ask the guy not to spray the water when ur up next
                    Yeah at this track you cant go around the water box.
                    Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                    X