white guages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white guages

whats up Guys,Im about to buy some white face guages for my speeddo and tach,do u guys know if they look wack at night time,does it change the original red color of the guages at night?There at www.ws6store.comIm tryin To post the pic but I cant figure it out
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Originally posted by DHolmes
    ,does it change the original red color of the guages at night?
    the colors of the lighting will still be red, the white background fades away at night allowing just the red numbers to show.

Comment

I have white replacement gauge face from NR Autimotive and I really like it.

My only complaint is that at dusk right when the headlights come on automatically the gauges are hard to see. The backlighting causes the numbers on the face to blend in with the face due to the ambient light still around. Once it gets dark the gauges look fine its just that transition period. My solution is to turn down the interior lighting until it gets dark enough.

If you are going to install them yourself pay VERY close attention to where the needles are at at before you remove them. I didn't and ended up with an empty gas tank on the side of the road when the gauge still read over 1/4 tank.

Also,
      Check this link: NR Automotive Pontiac TransAm Gauge Faces White '93-'96

I think you'll save some $$$.
      My DD
      2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Sneitzel Thanks,you did just save me alot of money,
        2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

Didn't mean to hi-jack the thread but . . . . .I've been wanting to do the white face guages.

Are they hard to install?
          Darrin C
          '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
          07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

I replaced the white gauge lights in mine with red bulbs. It cost about $30 for new sockets and bulbs. They also have green and blue bulbs. I don't care for the white gauges. My wife's PT Cruiser and the Caravan have them. I like the black gauges and the red illumination.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by 97LT1Z28
              Are they hard to install?
              Not very difficult at all.

You do have to be careful pulling the needles off of the cluster but the tool included works like a charm. Just take your time and don't get in a hurry.

As I mentioned before the big thing for me was not making sure I noted EXACTLY where the old needles were before I removed them so I could put them back correctly. I would suggest taking multiple digital pictures when the car is running at its normal operating conditions to use as reference. I did that but I did it after I had removed the cluster from the car and eneded up paying the price. (see my previous comment about running out of gas... )

I would rate it at about a 2 out of 5.
              My DD
              2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Working...
              X