Monsoon Speaker Replacement.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monsoon Speaker Replacement.

I know the topic of replacement has been brought up already. Does anyone have suggestions of a good replacement for these speakers. I plan on keeping everything else in the system stock. I would rather hear the pipes not the tunes but the system sounds really bad. Thanks...

Since you already know that there are post here with that subject, why not do a search on it like this one ?

http://www.f-body.com/forum/search.php?searchid=173098
    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Re:

There are no good answers there.Most of the replies are old. I need some new blood to answer. You mean to tell me no one in the world of electronics make an aftermarket speaker combo for the Monsoon? I somehow don't believe that. I may as well scrap the whole thing and start from scratch....

Comment

Just replace the Speakers. The front door speakers you can Install a conponant set, your choice in brand. The Sub's that are in the rear seat side panels I'd leave the stock ones b/c I cant find any other ones that "Bump" better than those. The ones in the Cargo area are like 4" speakers so. Its all personal preference when it comes to what brand. I personally am a big fan of Kicker.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Aren't the number and locations of the speakers different in the "ragtop"?
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I replaced mine with Alpines. They were the Alpine SPS-170A's. Haven't replaced the rear ones yet, but I'm prolly gonna use the same ones.

I'm at work right now, but when i get home I'll post the links to some good articles i found on a nice combo.

Later,

-circut

Comment

Here is the link I was looking for:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126979

That's what I ended up doing, sounds pretty good imho. You will need to make a custom
              frame type thing to hold the speakers in the front. The screw holes on the alpines dont match
              the stock ones. I went down to my local best buy and chatted with a guy there who had done
              the same thing on his F-body. He gave me some spacer type things which were easily trimmed
              and drilled to fit. After that you just need to make sure you wire it up right!

-circut

Comment

RE::::

[IMG]bit[/IMG] Unless I'm completely blind I only see 6 speakers. Are there no subs in a ragtop? Witch ones have the odd ohm rating.

Comment

Ragtops only have 4 speakers. 2 in the doors and 2 in the back by the passengers.

not sure about the ohm thing, but I'm guessing its gonna be the door speakers.

-Erik

Comment

When you pull the speakers, you'll find the ohm rating printed on the back of the speaker.
                    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                    X