Stripped caliper bolt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stripped caliper bolt

I had a slight noise towards the end of the fall comming from the left front wheel. Well today i finally gave things a look over before starting my header install. I thought it was wheel bearing going bad but come to find out the lower caliper bolt was loose. Or so i thought. It actually ended being stripped. I removed the top bolt and the threads were done. Whats the best way to tackle this fix. Installing a helicoil? And will Gm parts have a new bolt or should i go to a bone yard. Thanks ahead for any advise. And have a good easter.

any auto parts store will have them - an easy fix....
    Darrin C
    '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
    07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Was the threads on the bolt stripped or on the bracket? B/c if it was just the bolt you can chase the threads back in and clean them out on the bracket and you can simply buy the bolt. I strongly doubt they will sell that bolt at a autoparts store. Either junk yark or dealer. Chances are for the couple bucks that it will cost at the dealer your better off getting it there and save some time.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Yeah unfortunately the bracket was stripped. So i need a new bolt and have to install a helicoil. The threads are completely gone.

Comment

Got the new bolt and sleeve today. I just need to find out the correct thread size and pick up a heli coil kit.

Comment

Working...
          X