Lt4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lt4

Well I know my engine will not last forever 134k,So when it goes I will probaly buy a new engine instead of a new car,will the Lt4 be a direct fit in my car ,whats the specs on the engine ,and how much do they run,A friend told me It's the same exact engine as the LT1 but with more HP, thanks
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Your friend is right. The only different is like the Intake Manifold Flows more and I believe there is some head work. Its Rated at over 325hp I believe. Its the engine that came in the C4 Corvette's. If you are going to keep the car, I would do The Intake, Head work and a Hot Cam. It should give you more power. Somewhere in the high 300-low400hp range. It will also keep you under $4000 for everything Complete. Also a PCM reprograming and while your at it, Tubular K-Member. Take some weight off that nose.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

the lt4 is a totally different motor. 4 bolt mains in the block, different heads (not just ported reworked LT1 heads), different cam, intake, etc...

I would probably just rebuild my Lt1 before I bought a stock LT4 motor. For the cost you could do a high performance rebuild on the LT1 and make a lot more power than a stock LT4, and probably cost less.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Here is a good link of the differances in the LT1 and LT4.

[URL=http://webpages.charter.net/steveher37/LT4/lt4.html[/URL]

LT4KM, 160' TS, MAF ends, TB-BP, GMPP 1.6 R/R, SLP CAI, LCA, Adj. tierod, BMR tower brace, 17x9"F/R, 275/40R17 GY F1 tires. WS6 Muffler, LS1 DS. 21mm rear sway bar. Soon to be LT4 heads, intake, & HOT cam

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
          Your friend is right. The only different is like the Intake Manifold Flows more and I believe there is some head work. Its Rated at over 325hp I believe. Its the engine that came in the C4 Corvette's. If you are going to keep the car, I would do The Intake, Head work and a Hot Cam. It should give you more power. Somewhere in the high 300-low400hp range. It will also keep you under $4000 for everything Complete. Also a PCM reprograming and while your at it, Tubular K-Member. Take some weight off that nose.
          The vast majority of late C4's came with LT1s. The LT4 was not the standard engine in the C4s, it was only available in a limited number of special edition vettes like the Grand Sport.
          Tracy
          2002 C5 M6 Convertible
          1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
          Current Mods:
          SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

i would rebuild the lt1 and get way more horsepower then a lt4 i would put a lt4 intake on it so you can get a awsome set of heads.
            93 trans am lt1 soon to be a 406 gen 1 sbc all bolt ons zr1 wheels dr in back built 700 r4.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceZ
              The vast majority of late C4's came with LT1s. The LT4 was not the standard engine in the C4s, it was only available in a limited number of special edition vettes like the Grand Sport.
              Fine, Ill crawl under the rock I came out of. Sorry for the incorrect information.!!

lol
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                Fine, Ill crawl under the rock I came out of. Sorry for the incorrect information.!!

lol
                Are you talking trash about living under a rock? Patrick is watching you!

Tracy
                2002 C5 M6 Convertible
                1994 Z28 M6 Convertible
                Current Mods:
                SLP Ultra-Z functional ramair, SS Spoiler, STB, SFCs, Headers, Clutch, Bilstein Shocks, and TB Airfoil. 17x9 SS rims with Goodyear tires, 160F T-Stat, MSD Blaster Coil, Taylor wires, Hurst billet shifter, Borla catback with QTP e-cutout, Tuned PCM, 1LE Swaybars, 1LE driveshaft, ES bushings, White gauges, C5 front brakes, !CAGS, Bose/Soundstream audio, CST leather interior, synthetic fluids

Comment

Originally posted by botlfed
                  i would rebuild the lt1 and get way more horsepower then a lt4 i would put a lt4 intake on it so you can get a awsome set of heads.
                  The LT4 intake only bolts on to LT4 heads. There is an interference that would need to be machined off to get it to fit on LT1 heads. After you bolted it on, you wouldn't notice any difference. Although the LT4 heads have an 0.100" taller raised runner intake port, the LT4 intake port is IDENTICAL to the LT1 head, and provides a poor match even with an LT4 head. The LT4 intake take appreciable rework to support a set of ported, high flowing LT4 heads.

Unless you are looking to go beyond 500 flywheel HP, the most cost effective way to achieve that level of power is to simply have your LT1 heads reworked by a head porter with proven skills and results. Go to ePortWorks and look at the head/cam packages he sells for the LT1. The best bang-for-the-buck out there.

http://www.eportworks.com/

You can go over 500HP, but you'll be looking at an upgrade on the heads.... either a set of LT4 heads, the Trick Flows, or one of the AFR's. But those heads require porting work as well. When you reach that level, you're looking at upwards of $3,500 for the heads and intake and porting.

The LT4 engine was used in all 1996 Corvettes equipped with the M6 tranny, including the base models, the Grand Sport and the Collectors Edition. I don't think its accurate to describe it as a "totally different engine". ALL C4 Corvettes came with the identical 4-bolt main block, whether they were LT1's or LT4's.
                  Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                    The LT4 engine was used in all 1996 Corvettes equipped with the M6 tranny, including the base models, the Grand Sport and the Collectors Edition. I don't think its accurate to describe it as a "totally different engine". ALL C4 Corvettes came with the identical 4-bolt main block, whether they were LT1's or LT4's.
                    It's important to point out though, that the LT1 in F-bodies only uses a 2 bolt main. The LT1 in corvettes is different (slightly) than the LT1 in f-bodies. The LT4 is different yet. The guy is going to get seriously confused.
                    Dave M
                    Life, liberty, and the pursuit of all who threaten it!

Comment

Anger I sense in this thread hahahahah lol www.grandsportregistry.com/lt1vslt4.htm check this out dudes
                      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

Im still hiding under my rock.
                        Eddie
                        2000 M6 Trans Am
                        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

There is a guy on this board who has a 97 Camaro with a factory LT4 in it. Don't you love leftovers. It seams like he had over 200,000 miles on it too.
                          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

you guy's check out that website I found

Comment

Steve Had already included a link pretty much the same as yours in the 4th post.
                              Eddie
                              2000 M6 Trans Am
                              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                              X