Gas Mileage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas Mileage

Hey guys im new here and i just bought a 2001 Trans Am A4 last Thursday. Now how many miles do you guys typically get out of a full tank with premium gas. I knew the mileage was not gonna be great but its been pretty bad. I filled up yesterday and im half a line from the half tank line. Ive driven 70 miles. Does this sound about right. Take into consideration that the car is stock, i have been driving pretty conservativley and i drive on the highway alot to work so i use cruise control at 60 mph. What kind of mileage do you guys get. and what can i do to make it better? thanks guys

I dont own a T/A but I'm pretty sure you should be getting 250-275. Up to 300 or more constant highway driving.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

You really can't tell what your mileage is by looking at the gauge like that. You need to track mileage over several full tanks and see. My ragtop is an M6, but even with 115,000 miles on it I get 27-28 MPG highway and 20 around town. Your A4 should get you 26 highway, and around 20 or so city.

On a full tank on the highway I can get 400-450 miles.
      2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

how about the k and n filter or intake. do you think that can help? i also use premium gas. would octane booster help?

Comment

Originally posted by Even10Flow
          how about the k and n filter or intake. do you think that can help? i also use premium gas. would octane booster help?
          That will not help your MPG. The way you increase your speed from a stop has 95% effect on how your mileage is. If you are taking off quick and then cruising then you are killing the MPG. In my car I average about 19 City and 26 highway. You have to remember that 75% of your mileage comes from the first half tank b/c the gas tanks in 4th gen's are odd shaped in that they are wider at top than bottom. Using high grade fuel will not really increase MPH but will decrease the chance for Knock Retard. What you need to do is:

1. Fill up your tank completely and click it once.
          2. Reset your Trip meter then drive like you always do, for about 2-4 days.
          3. Then go back and fill up your tank just like the first time and click it once Again.
          4. Then Divide the number of miles you have on the trip meter by the number of Gallons you put back in in order to fill up your tank.

This will give you the most Accurate MPH possible.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I own an '01 WS6 A4 with 51k and consistently get 20 mpg. That is about 70/30 city and highway miles. I have never had it on a trip, but would expect somewhere about 25. Also that mpg translates to just about 300 miles on a full tank of premium fuel.

This might give you a better idea of where you should be.
            2001 Trans Am WS-6 A4
            Slp Lid
            K & N Filter
            FTRA Kit
            Corsa Cat-back

Comment

I got 32.3 mpg on my trip to dallas and back, and I get about 23mpg driving to and from work, to my basketball games, and around town.
              1999 Ram Air Trans Am. M6

SFC( not sure what kind), drilled/slotted rotors, K&N air filter, all free mods, 3" Borla cat back exaust, electric exaust cut out, NGK spark plugs, royal purple motor oil, and Zaino .Maybe more. I find more stuff done to it everytime I look at it.

Comment

alright thanks guys

Comment

Just for reference driving in town, mostly stop and go in traffic, I get around 13-14 MPG.

I do tend to like the feeling of acceleration however...

On the highway when I can set the cruise it's more like 26-30 depending whether I am running the AC or not.
                  My DD
                  2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

when my 95Z was a daily driver i drove 65% highway 35% around town. i would get about 400 miles a tank full.

now that the Z28 is mostly a wekend bruiser. i get 80 miles for 7 gallons .. 100% thats mostly with a heavy foot all the time.
                    eddie
                    1995 Z28 A4, SCC Ultra Z Hood with Air box/K&N filter, Granatelli Maf Sensor/Fernco bellow/Hotchkis STB/white face gauges/LT4 Knock module/March pullies/160* stat without Hypertech Tunning/Borla 3" y-pipe/HI Flo 3" cat/SLP Loudmouth/GM Motive 3.73's + TA rear end girdle/Afs ZR1's silver painted with polished lip 17x9.5 front & 17x11 out back/98 tail light's/BMR SFC's/spohn Lca's/spohn relo brackets & spohn adj. panhard rod " coated mid lenght pacesetters headers + 1.6rr + custom pc tuning going on soon hopefully "

Comment

Originally posted by sneitzel
                      Just for reference driving in town, mostly stop and go in traffic, I get around 13-14 MPG.

I do tend to like the feeling of acceleration however...

On the highway when I can set the cruise it's more like 26-30 depending whether I am running the AC or not.

I get the same! I spank a Mustang Mach I every morning on the way to work - it's worth it......
                      Darrin C
                      '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
                      07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

i get about 13 in my ram lol
                        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

I get 12 -15 mpg all the time no matter what
                          2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

Working...
                          X