ZF transmission????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZF transmission????

im back with another tranny question, the search continues......

i have a 91 vette 350 in my 87 trans am.
    Can I put a ZF 6 speed in my car, and with what other parts?
    87 T/A
    91 vette TPI
    ditched FI
    Edlebrock performer
    Holley 4
    flowmaster cat back
    magnaflow cat

Just got painted black with some gold decals.......Doin burt proud

Should be able to bolt one up using the Corvette parts. But the ZF is a relatively limited production trans, with no real benefits over the more widely available Borg-Warner (now Tremec) T56 6-speed. Might be another option you could consider.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Yea, i cant seem to find any worldclass t-5s with a descent price, so ive been looking for six speeds since i have to spend the money anyway

Do you know how long the job takes to convert from auto to t-56? i hear its a couple days
      87 T/A
      91 vette TPI
      ditched FI
      Edlebrock performer
      Holley 4
      flowmaster cat back
      magnaflow cat

Just got painted black with some gold decals.......Doin burt proud

Comment

I dont know much about the 3rd Gens. Keisler makes a T56 specifically for the 3rd Gen. You would need the flywheel, a complete clutch assembly and actutor linkage (hydraulic?), a pedal set (probably the hardest part of the install on a 4th Gen) and maybe some sort of console change. Finally, you would need to adjust the speedo processor (if its electronic) because the automatics and manuals have a different pulse count for the electronic speedos.
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
        X