Stock exhaust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock exhaust

Just wondering if anybody who replaces their cat-back exhaust keeps the stock exhaust? Does it help to resell? I have no intentions of selling the car, but if I ever did, does it help to have the stock parts?

Thanks in advance!
    2001 Trans Am WS-6 A4
    Slp Lid
    K & N Filter
    FTRA Kit
    Corsa Cat-back

Hello, On a side Note, I noticed you dont have to many Post so I believe its safe to Assume your new to the Forum. Its a great Idea to Create a Sig. That way we know what you have any time you Ask Questions.

I personally dont think anyone would buy the stock exhaust. I still have mine but its just laying in the Back yard. If you ever come to selling it, Im sure people would like the sound of an aftermarket Exhaust. I'd throw mine away but I need to cut it into pcs first.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I gave mine to Blazer.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

An I am glad you did.
        Blazer

Comment

Ha ha ha if anyone wants mine heck its there. I didnt like it at all how the stock exhaust sounded.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Most people who are interested in buying f- body vehicles want the higher performance exhaust.
            Darrin C
            '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
            07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Just a note....If you want to keep the stock catback, and haven't replaced it yet, you are going to need a lift. If you don't have a lift, then you'll probably need to cut the intermediate pipe in half. You can always re-weld it, but to me, it's starting to defeat the purpose to keeping the stock cat-back. Most everyone has exhausts on their f-bodies. If you intend on keeping everything stock, and for it to become a classic, then it might be worth keeping.
              94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
              X