Pics of Water Pump/Opti Swap....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics of Water Pump/Opti Swap....

Well, after getting to the water pump I figured Id swap the opti while Im there. After taking the opti off, Id figured Id change the timing chain as well. The opti makes this horable ratling sound when I turn the drive pin, so Im glad I decide to do it. The Chain has about 3/8" of slack, which is pretty loose, so Im glad I did that as well. Unfortunately, my radiator cracked right around one of the tranny lines and was leaking water, so now I need to replace that too. Id never been this far into the LT1 before, but it sure is Interesting, and a PITA! Here are some pics I that Ive taken so far. Feel free to comment on any.
    Attached Files
    1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

This ones of the Opti.

Attached Files
    1996 Arctic White Z28, A4, K&N CAI, TByrne MAF ends, BBK Twin-52mm TB, TB Bypass, SLP 1 3/4" Shorties, Richmond 3.42's, Dynomax Bullet Muffler W/Turn Down, BMR Adj. Panhard, EIBACH Pro-Kit, AFS ZR1 Wheels W/17x11" out back!

Comment

This is a close up of the timing chain..

Attached Files

Comment

You can see a small crack right around the trany line fittings

Attached Files

Comment

Time for a new pump?

Attached Files

Comment

Since you have everything apart, change all the seals in the front cover as well as the front crank seal. You'll be glad you did.

Comment

Dude,

pull the intake off, pull the lifters out,
              and change the CAM while your
              there..

then you'll be REALLY happy..

Already have the whole front off...
              all you have to do is have someone
              hold the AC condesnor out of the way
              and you can swap the cam!

Comment

Thanks Joe!

Ive been keeping that in mind from some of your other posts regarding this issue and even saved the part numbers. And BAS, I was plannin on getting the LT4 Hot Cam Kit for a swap in December but the whole pump and radiator thing came all to early. I dont have the money for it right now, and its tough knowing that because like you said, IM ALREADY THERE! And knowing what a PITA is it just to get there makes me even more mad. Theres nothing that I hate more than getting coolant all over the floor and on myself But I guess there isnt much I can do, this is my daily driver, so I need to get it going. I always thought being 21 would be more fun and easy going, but money seems to always be the problem, but Ill be graduating soon, and then the real Mods will begin! Thanks again guys!

Comment

Working...
                X