No announcement yet.

Well, guess I have my answer! Update...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, guess I have my answer! Update...

Update to my last posted problem:

Well, I get into my baby this morning, and no start. At first I assumed the Opti again, we had a huge rainfall last night and this morn., and I figured it got wet somehow. I tried the hairdryer trick since it worked before, but nothing. It is turning over, but no start.

Next, I listened for the fuel pump to prime.....VOILA!! No fuel pump sound when I turn the key in the "on" position.

So now at this point I am assuming the fuel pump, but everyone is asking me to check the relay 1st. I can't find one, is there one?? Also, is there wiring that may be a possibility before we tear everything apart? If anyone has had experience with this and can give me any suggestions first, that would be great!

One more thing: If there is a thread or if anybody can give me the low-down on how to replace the fuel pump and what is involved, that would be greatly appreciated as well.
    1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Currently on the clock: 120K

The fule pump relay is located in the driver's side footwell, just behind the kick panel to the left of the dead pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe 1320
      The fule pump relay is located in the driver's side footwell, just behind the kick panel to the left of the dead pedal.
      O.K., just got it out. Thanks, Joe!
      (Now the "woman" kind of question) What do I do with this thing?!!

They say to put another relay in it's place to test, but I do not have another to borrow. Can Auto Zone test it or something?

I guess there is also a fuse for the fuel pump somewhere in the engine compartment....can anyone tell me where it is? Thanks!
      1996 White T/A, LT-1 auto with only aftermarket Flowmasters, shift kit, and a LG Motorsports G2 cold air kit.....that's it! She can't eat all the 'Stangs but will die trying.

Comment

Check your private messages.
        Blazer

Comment

So my husband worked on the car T/A yesterday, turns out it was only the fuel pump relay??!! That just sounds really odd to me

Actually he plugged the old one back in and the car fired right up. We went ahead and bought a new relay though and put it in, I guess the old one probably wasn't making good contact or something and causing the car to not start. I thought for sure the fuel pump, but if it were shot, it would not have started again.

Well, I guess I can be glad it's not the pump this time

Comment

Working...
          X