drivers side floor soaked with water

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drivers side floor soaked with water

Hey everyone my g/f has a 97 grand am GT, and the other night the drivers side floor was SOAKed with a clear liqiud, which i concluded to be water. Now she is running the OLE SES light. The last time we took a code to get detected at autozone, her car broke down 5 minutes later. Her alternator was bad, and she had a fouled out fuel injector. Her car was running horribly for monthes, it just so happened that when i brought it in to get the code read, the car broke down, and her father kinda blamed me. The car is draggin and hesitating a bit, and it has around 65,xxx MI. Im thinkin the ole tune up cause the car is 11 year old. Any ideas if there is a correlation between the mystery water, and everything else. I feel bad knowing that her dad takes her car to a half assed shop, that does the bare minimium on the car, and charges a whole lot of money. Alternator, one fuel injector, and a diagnostic scan cost him around 800-900 dollars, and that price is his "freind price".

Unfortuntaly, im not gona go get the code ran, cause i dont wanna get blamed for things that i have no control over.
    The large amount of water is really perplexing.
    1994 formula A4 w/ 84,XXX MI, bone stock except MSD wires and NGK TR5 plugs

This is suppose to be on the off-topic forum. Not F-body. If her Father is going to take car of it then let him pay it. ha ha ha. Thats why I never mess with females cars with fathers..lol Always gets you in trouble.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

why would it be in the off topic forum... I have a technical problem. What could have cause the major amount of water in the car.. it did not rain. There is something off... or just a fluke?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnyd2
        why would it be in the off topic forum... I have a technical problem. What could have cause the major amount of water in the car.. it did not rain. There is something off... or just a fluke?
        We would be happy to help. I understand its a Technical problem but this is an F-body forum. A Grand Am is not an F-body even though its a GM vehicle. There is no problem asking on the Off-topic forum. Thats all.

As for the water, Did you guys happen to wash the car or anything?
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

the car did not get washed. nor did it rain. there was no liquids in the car..... im stumped..

Comment

sounds like a bad heater core.
            97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Originally posted by raroZ28
              sounds like a bad heater core.
              That was my first thought but He said it was water, and it was on the driver side. The heater cores are just about always on the pass. side do to the lack of space on the drivers side b/c of the steering column.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                That was my first thought but He said it was water, and it was on the driver side. The heater cores are just about always on the pass. side do to the lack of space on the drivers side b/c of the steering column.
                A lot of cars their in the center, some cars their in the middle. Also if some of the plumbing on that side is bad, that'll do it.
                97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Could be. The funny thing is why would it be water. Unless the "G/F" would put nothing but water in the radiator. Check the Radiator to see if its low.
                  Eddie
                  2000 M6 Trans Am
                  Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

radiator was full w/ dex cool.. her dad was gonna over flow the coolant resiovor with the green coolant if i didnt stop him. You know what is ironic, i got yelled at by my g/f for "correcting him".... we'll see what that "shop" says... ill let you guys know...

Comment

I just bought a 95 Grand am with this same problem on the drivers side. The grand am replaces my down and out firebird.

I looked into it and 2 common problems with this problem is that junk (leafs and stuff) clog the drainage hole under the whidshield wippers and water comes into the car that way. The other common problem is a cracked firewall.

I have yet to get motivated enough to tackel the problem on my car, but those are 2 things I would check first.

Let me know what your problem was, it would be greatly appreciated.
                      94 Formula Firebird, 355, heads port and polished, cc503 cam, 30# injectors, PCMforless Tune, B&M 2400 stall, K&N CAI, BBK Sorty Headers, Magnaflow Highflow Cat, Borla Catback exhaust with electronic cutout.

Comment

Working...
                      X