nitto

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nitto

I have decided to just get Nitto drag radials. I was wondering should I get them in 17s with my SS rims or should I get them in 16s? Any suggestions and recommendations would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks.
    Eric Lelina
    95 Z28
    Tuned by Carolina Auto Masters
    302hp and 335tq
    M6,GMPP CAI,1.6 Crane Gold RRs, MAC Headers,1LE intake elbow,Air Foil,!TB Bypass,Hypertech 160 Thermostat,Taylor Spiro-Pro 8mm Wires,Accel Super Coil,MSD 6al,SLP 2otl catback, Eibach Pro Kit,DMS SFCs,Hotchkis STB,BMR Adjustable PHR,Global West LCA,1LE Sway bars front and rear,KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, Energy Suspension Tranny Mount and Endlinks,Prothane Poly Torque Arm Mount,LS1 Driveshaft,17x9 SS rims.

I run NT450 on all corners...I assume you're running NT555 Drags. If I'm not mistaken, a few members here have that setup. Stick with the 17's, performance should be the same, or close to each other. Are you running them on the street or the track? I would go to 16 on the track...17 on the street. But it you're sticking on the street mostly I would use regualr nt555 for better wet traction.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

I got 15K miles out of the Nitto drag radials on the WS6 before they wouldn't pass VA inspection. They were good for 1.7x at the track. 6spd and 4.10 gears. They were my everyday tire.

I have 13K miles on the TA and they are 16" drag radials. So far the best is a 1.62. Auto with 3.27 gears.

I would just get 17's and be done with it. Just leave them on and go. They aren't the greatest tire in the snow though
      Rob
      04 GTO

Comment

Working...
      X