Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1990 Camaro hatch lock

Guys,

Common problem on thirdgens that the hatch lock does not lock down the hatch, I know but I am new to thirdgens.

How do I fix it so that the hatch stays locked?

Car is a 1990 Camaro RS

BTW I have held the tab and motor does pull down, the lock doesn't seem to engage.

Originally posted by robschr
    Guys,

Common problem on thirdgens that the hatch lock does not lock down the hatch, I know but I am new to thirdgens.

How do I fix it so that the hatch stays locked?

Car is a 1990 Camaro RS

BTW I have held the tab and motor does pull down, the lock doesn't seem to engage.
    robschr, there is a metal pin, actually a loaded spring, that sticks across the assembly where the hatch "hook" actually makes contact before locker engages, is this pin broken? It acts a release when you unlock the hatch...if this is broken, maybe it's not engaging the lock mechanism.

It's been awhile, but I've had 2 3rd gens in my time...I had a similar problem and trying to picture it all in my mind.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

www.thirdgen.org there ya go!
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

What does this pin look like? Is it the locking pin?

Comment

Originally posted by robschr
          What does this pin look like? Is it the locking pin?
          No, it engages the locker...

It's hard to explain...picture your hatch closing down, the "hook" on the hatch depresses the pin and as you push down on the hatch the pin engages the locker that will hold the hatch as the motor mechanism pulls the hatch down tight.

When press release that pin that acts as an engager will now act as a releasor since it's pin is spring loaded, popping the hatch up.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
          Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
          B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
          Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
          Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
          X