Fog Light Install

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fog Light Install

can anyone help me i installed new bulbs for the fog lights since they were not workin....because my F Lamp has been beepin on my system check..on my digital gauge on the dash.....it still beeps with the new ones in and when i press the button to turn them on it lights up on the dash but the lights dont turn on could this be a blown fuse or relay???? if so what is it...and where in the fuse box if so......
    thanks for the help

You need to post the year of your car....what kind of car it is...any applicible options etc. hard to help you when for all we know you might be driving a Hon-duh

Comment

By his user name, I would say it's a 1986 Trans Am with a 350 in it.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

ya its an 86 trans am with a 350 dropped in it....i installed the new bulbs....and the lights dont come on.....
        could it be a fuse in the fuse box....cause all of the fuses are new and checked ok....but there are some fuses missing....but its not the usual fuses they look small and square....but anyway when i press the light switch in...it lights up.....sayin that there on but no lights and the F Lamp....on the digital gauge still beeps like there is a problem with it...so i dont know what to do

Comment

Everybodies a comedian. I own six cars of varying years and I'm not changing my screen name if I feel like asking about them.

As for the fog lights. sounds like a crossed wire or a disconnected wire. Are these fog lights stock or were they added aftermarket? First thing i would do is trace the wire back from the fog lights themselves towards the power source. Checking along the way with a test light for power. If you come across a junction in the wire where it has been spliced together dont assume the connection is good. try and test for power on both sides of the connection. Some aftermarket fogs may have an in line fuse. I bought a GMC jimmy where the previous owner had wired a switch for power by jamming the wire into a fuse that had power only while the truck was running.

Cliff notes: you probably have a disconnected wire wether it be power or ground....or you have a blown fuse somewhere. good luck.

Comment

Sorry. I wasn't trying to be funny or flame. I understand about having several cars. I wish there was a way we could get people to put in their vehicle information at registration so that it shows up automaticly. Of coarse that doesn't do any good if they are asking about a different car. Lately there have been several "newbies" to post a question and the first response is "please list the vehicle specs in question". Everybody on this board is very helpful in answering questions. I don't even bother with other boards. "When you found the best, the heck with the rest." LOL

Boy I'm sure glad it's Friday.

Oh and as for the original question. I barely know anything about the 4th gen cars. I know nothing about the 3rd gen cars. Sounds like you might get a Haynes manual and look up the schematics and start tracing wires. I don't know of a quick fix for the problem.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
            X