New Corvette LS3 motor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Corvette LS3 motor

Any chance this motor will be in the 09 Camaro? Might make it hard for Camaro to get a detuned LS2 since the Corvette now has 430 hp to the LS2's 400hp. We wouldn't want the Corvette crowd to if the Camaro had the same power.

These LSx motors are making it soooo hard to justify working on my LT1 with it's meager 330 hp in current form. I need a 396 just to keep up

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/24/2...ucky/#comments
    Al 96 Ram Air T/A
    Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Fricken Corvette snobs like Gaussian?
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Al 96 Ram Air T/A

These LSx motors are making it soooo hard to justify working on my LT1 with it's meager 330 hp in current form. I need a 396 just to keep up
      Im surprised you make 330 with those mods to be honest with you.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I was too. But, after multiple dyno runs...the numbers tell the story. Could be a generous dyno too.
        Al 96 Ram Air T/A
        Mods: Build # 784 * Hotchkis STB * SFCs * Borla cat back w/QTP cut-out * AS&M/RK Sports Mid-length headers w/single CAT * Koni SA shocks on lower perch w/ lowered rear * Strano Hollow front & rear antisway bars * 1LE front/rear springs * 1LE aluminum driveshaft * Strange 4.10 gears w/ Zexel Torsen diff. * ARP bearing cap studs & aluminum diff cover* J&M Hotpart poly/poly rear LCAs and poly/poly panhard bar * RAM Powergrip clutch w/ LT4 PP and RAM billet Al flywheel * C5 Z06 brakes * C6 Z06 wheels * Spohn T/A * Spohn DS Loop * fully custom interior w/ custom audio

Comment

Wait!!!! All Corvette owners are not snobs--I know. I own a 2006 C6 coupe, but couldn't part with my ragtop when I bought the C6 last year.

Don't paint all us Vette oweners with too broad a brush.
          2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

I wish you could paint me.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Does this mean there is an LS8 to come?
              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                Does this mean there is an LS8 to come?
                What's the code name for the engine coming out in the Blue Devil/SS/Stingray/Thingymajigger? It might be the LS8.

00 SSRAGTOP Z: You are a snob. LOL

Comment

im under the impression that the motor is tenatively known as the LS9.
                  1994 formula A4 w/ 84,XXX MI, bone stock except MSD wires and NGK TR5 plugs

Comment

I don't care what they call it, just build it.

Comment

Originally posted by Performin Norman
                      I don't care what they call it, just build it.

If You Build It They Will Come...............

ha ha
                      '95 T/A Conv., Green, Tan Top
                      '00 T/A Silver
                      '86 Chevy RCSB 4WD (LS1 to go in)

Comment

Originally posted by strkt_&_blwn
                        If You Build It They Will Come...............

ha ha
                        And they will be bringing their own vaseline. Hell, I might have to bring astroglide.

Comment

Working...
                        X