tree sap...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tree sap...

and lots of it...all over the car. Well, living in Georgia...you have lots of pine, and boy do they like to make sap. Spent the night over my girlfriends house only to see tree sap all over the car the next morning. I should have known better...but didn't take any precautions. I got 4 coats of Zaino on, I hope that'll aid in the cleaning process...do I need to use clay? I picked at a few and they aren't cured (hard) it still just rubs off but then smears...oh well, looks like I got my weekend planned out.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Zaino's clay bar should take it right out, especially if its fresh....no problemo.

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Most tree sap comes right off just by washing the car. Have you tried that?
      Dave S
      2000 Black Camaro SS

Comment

and..to make it come off reeeeeeeaaaaaaal easy... polish your car with Zaino show car polish. tree sap wont stick at all.

http://www.zainobros.com

The Goldens: Reno and Rocky

2008 C6, M6, LS3, Corsa Extreme C/B, (it flys) & 2008 Yukon loaded (Titanic), 03 Ford Focus..everydaydriver.

Wolfdog Rescue Resources, Inc.:http://www.wrr-inc.org
        Home Page: http://www.renokeo.com
        sold: 97 Firehawk, 97 Comp T/A, 2005 GTO, 2008 Solstice GXP turbo.

Comment

If all else fails,
          Turtle wax Bug and Tar ( and Tree Sap) remover. Stuff does wonders.
          96 Trans Am WS6 M6, K&N Filter, BBK Headers, Spec Stage II clutch, 180 Thermostat, MadZ28 tune... Best 1/4 13.76@103.7

Comment

sap

try 3M bug and tar remover .you can get it at walmart just put good coat of wax on it .also rubbing alcohol will work in a pinch .just remember to wax and dont use on hot paint
            have you out run a ford lately

Comment

I used Turtle Wax bug and tar remover....it worked great. Just take it easy and don't try to take the sap off in one application.
              John
              97RS "Arrest me red" - LETSCEM - under the knife
              02WS.6/TA #4024 "Wash me again black" RDOZREL - Hotchkis STB, MTI lid, BMR SFC's, BMR SB's, SB Brake Lines, SureStop rotors, Carbotech pads.
              99 Bravada

Comment

no sweat guys...sprits the car with some z6 yesterday and the sap came right off. don't even know why I was worried. thanks for the input though...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
                X