Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel pump question..Is mine strong enough?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump question..Is mine strong enough?

Okay, I have a question about my fuel pump.. So far to my car I got the heads ported polished, bigger cam, 383 stroker and a bunch of other goodies. I am running 30# inj. Are they big enough? If not, what is the biggest size a stock fuel pump will feed? If you guys need more info on what I did to the car, I can write up a list. thanks!
    -Jeff

Hey, I have a 255lph Walbro pump that I had originally installed when I was building a 396 or 388, but then I put in a big block and the rest is history. Anyway it's still in my garage and it has never been ran at all, so it's still new basically. I paid 100 bucks for it but if you want it I could give it to you real cheap like....30 bucks or so plus shipping.

I don't mean to advertize in a thread but I figured this could help you out. As you can see from the price, I'm not trying to make a bunch of money off of it. I'm losing 70 bucks.

I want to say I was going to use a Ford Racing injector around that size for my 396, but I had in my head that I needed a pump already. I can't say for sure with your application.

Good luck.

'95 TA A4, 118000 on the clock!
    Borla, Strange 3.73's, SLP CAI, Vortech elbow,AFS Z06 Wheels,White gauges/blue backlighting,blue custom interior,MBA Shift knob,MadZ28 Tune, Intrax springs, Bilstein shocks, ES Trans Mount, Honeycomb taillights.

13.685@102.11

Comment

To get a reasonable, minimum injector size, multiply your estimated flywheel HP by 0.07 .... that assumes an 0.476 #/Hr/HP BSFC, an 85% duty cycle, and that the injectors are operating at the same fuel pressure they were flow rated at. Using that approach, your 30 #/Hr injectors are OK for about 430 flywheel HP. Hopefully, a 383 stroker with heads and cam would be well over that level, indicating they are probably too small for your application. Of course if you want to risk running them at 100% DC, they will support up to 500 HP.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

if you end up selling the 30# let me know.
        97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
        X