Find air elbow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find air elbow

HI guys I just installed my SLP cold-air induction &flow booster also did the free bypass & got rid of the screen. Now I look at it an the Elbow looks like crap. I have seen the nice elbows someplace . But now that I want one I can not find who had it. Can anybody put me on the rite path. thanks 94 Formula LT1

What kind are you looking for?

The 1LE Like this at www.thunderracing.com :

Or
    the Vortech metal elbow? Which can be found at www.tbyrne.com

KnightFire
    1993 Formula Firebird
    Check Homepage for mods and photos...

KnightFire's Lair

Amsoil Dealer

Comment

Thanks Knightfire Yes it is the metal one I am looking for. After I posted i was surfing the net an some guys were saying they had a 1LE elbow Does anybody know about that one. an wear i can see an or get one. thanks

Comment

He listed where you can get a 1le elbow they also have them on ebay.

Comment

Sorry I did not know that was called a 1le elbow. I will cheak out E buy just get one from tbyrne. Thank you guys a ton this ol fart has A lot to learn yet but you guys are a lot of help. thanks

Comment

For lowest prices on genuine GM parts, like the 1LE intake elbow:

Dal Slabaugh at Van DeVere Olds
            lockitup@bright.net
            800-362-9494

Jason Cromer at Sam Taylor Buick/Cadillac
            staylorservice@cybertron.com
            877-726-8295

Some thoughts on the 1LE piece... it will look newer, and it will be easier to remove and install without the long air silencer tube, but it will not do anything in the way of performance.

On the Vortech aluminum elbow... there is a dividing wall down the middle of the inside, which is good for superchargers, but of questionable value for a normally aspirated engine.

There is also an aluminum elbow from Trick Flow, without the dividing wall. But remember.... aluminum helps dissipate the heat of compression that warms the air coming out of a supercharger, but it will work the other way with a normally aspirated engine, allowing under hood heat to warm up the incoming air.
            Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

So yall think the vortech elbow has an adverse effect on performance.

Comment

When I finished the stroker, it still had a Callaway Honker CAI on it. We wanted to mount a pair of dry nitrous nozzles in the elbow, and got a Vortech piece. Looked awful small inside. We machined the dividing wall out, because is wouldn't have worked with a 2-stage dry nitrous setup anyway, and it just didn't look adequate for a 381ci motor at 7,400rpm. Never tested it.... just looked at it and decided it was too small. That was when I decided to just buy a Ram Air hood and intake box.
                Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
                X