new clutch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new clutch

Looking for a stage 3 clutch that is dependable and still good for street use. Willing to give up some power for these features. Any suggestions?
    1997 Trans Am Flowmaster catback. Hotchkis suspension front to rear. Baer GT brakes Front and rear.

What do you have? F350, Peterbuilt, 69DZ Z28? You should make a signature before you ask for help so we can help you.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by pworch2
      Looking for a stage 3 clutch that is dependable and still good for street use. Willing to give up some power for these features. Any suggestions?
      Are you running stock LT1? besides the exhaust. If so then the S3 is a little over kill if you ask me.
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I plan on putting on vortec 6lb supercharger. Wheels,brakes,and suspension done. Engine Work was next, but I killed the clutch. When broke might as well upgrade. PS Jeff I tried added signature but kept telling me system was having problems
        1997 Trans Am Flowmaster catback. Hotchkis suspension front to rear. Baer GT brakes Front and rear.

Comment

There is a bug in the software for the board that gives you that error. As you see it still worked.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Originally posted by pworch2
            I plan on putting on vortec 6lb supercharger. Wheels,brakes,and suspension done. Engine Work was next, but I killed the clutch. When broke might as well upgrade.
            Is the Internals All stock? You running a stock rear end? If so, and you plan to drag this car your going to have to say goodbye to ur rear end How did you kill your last clutch, With time or abuse? If Im not mistaken then your going to maybe be in the low 400hp range so I would go with a Stage 2 clutch, unless your going to be doing alot of 3500+ rpm clutch dumps all the time.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I plan on getting her up to about 500hp I get her insides ready for the increase. don't want to be towed home thats embarassing. I would have to say its a little more of abuse only 55k on clutch but drivers in arizona are probably worse than LA. Mix all the old people and all the illegals and its like video game sometimes. The car actually save my life i think avoided good pyle up but alot of redlining 6 lanes of traffic and loss of tire wear. Just trying to see if any tried some of the after market clutches to see how they feel. I can't go over 4000 rpms without slippage. Talked with a guy from spec he said a stage 2+ would be best.

Comment

YOu should be fine with a S2.

P.S. Try and write with correct grammer and punctuation. Its really hard to read your run on sentences.
                Eddie
                2000 M6 Trans Am
                Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
                X