Window problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window problem

I need some help,My window was working fine ,I went to the gym rolled it up ,went in,Came out 2 hours later and tryed to roll it down,and nothing no response and I dont hear the motor at all,my guess is the switch u can usaully tell or hear when the motor's going out right ?I was going to check the fuse but then looked at a diagram and the fuse is for both mirrors so If it was blown they both would,notwork,is there a window lock I could of hit ,there was one on my honda but i didnt see one on the bird,Any thoughts of what this could be orr how i can narrow down what the problem is thank you
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

these cars are good for burning up driver side window motors. I have seen it a lot. I actually replaced one in a 97 Trans Am about 2 years ago. (friends car) You can always try jumping the switch to make sure but usually points at the motor. When replacing motor, make sure to get a good one and not a cheap aftermarket motor that will go out in a year.
    89 Firebird formula 350--95k on it, MSD ignition, full catback exhaust (flowmaster) 160 degree stat, custom chip from pcmforless.com, TPIS air filter, TPIS air foil, TPIS MAT relocation kit, built 700R4 with stage 2 shift kit and corvette servo.

Comment

Originally posted by 89 formula
      these cars are good for burning up driver side window motors. I have seen it a lot. I actually replaced one in a 97 Trans Am about 2 years ago. (friends car) You can always try jumping the switch to make sure but usually points at the motor. When replacing motor, make sure to get a good one and not a cheap aftermarket motor that will go out in a year.
      How do I jump the switch
      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

did the fuse possible blow? also check to make sure the motor is gettin power.
        2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Just replace the motor. You can find directions at www.shbox.com. You can buy a replacement motor for around $50 with a lifetime warranty at Advance Auto or a similar store.
          Joe K.
          '11 BMW 328i
          '10 Matrix S AWD
          Previously: '89 Plymouth Sundance Turbo, '98 Camaro V6, '96 Camaro Z28, '99 Camaro Z28, '04 Grand Prix GTP

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
            did the fuse possible blow? also check to make sure the motor is gettin power.
            The fuse wasn't a normal fuse it was bigger and all metal ?????

Comment

Check to see if the motor is getting power first. Use a fuse tester and put it at the terminals at the motor. Push the button up and down. Then see what happens. Chances are its going to be the motor. I just replaced mine about 2 or 3 months ago. Mine would go down fine but when it came to coming back up it would get to hot and stop mid way. I bought one online for $19 shipped. So its very cheap to change. Its your standard Astro Van Window Motor.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Shop told me 100 dollars out the door with top off the line motor with warranty is this good or bad

Comment

Thats Reasonable for the Labor cost. Its very easy, Do it yourself.. ha ha ha
                  Eddie
                  2000 M6 Trans Am
                  Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

lazy lol Ill brake something haha

Comment

I remember when my driver's side window motor went out with the window rolled up . . . . . . I lost 30 lbs because I couldn't order fast-food for two months!
                      Darrin C
                      '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
                      07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

windows fixed, 100 bucks

Comment

What did they do, Simply replace the motor?
                          Eddie
                          2000 M6 Trans Am
                          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I dont Know,they said theyll hook up a 100 shot for me for 400 bucks is that good

Comment

Working...
                            X