Lots of play in my clutch pedal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of play in my clutch pedal

Tonight, I started my car up, put it in first and stalled it. I haven't stalled in probably over a year. I kicked myself in the butt, went to put it in first again and realized, there's something wrong with the pedal. For the first inch, maybe 2-3 inches, the pedal drops and gives no resistance whatsoever. After that, it's normal. I didn't have any other problems, so I don't think the clutch is slipping. Any ideas as to what it could be?
    Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
    SOLD- Kinda miss it
    94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
    SOLD- Good riddance!
    2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

air in the system. bleed it and see what happens.
    97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Have you checked your fluid level? If it gets low it will suck air into the system. I had to replace the clutch hydraulic system in mine a couple of months ago.
      2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Raro is right. Try bleeding the system. Run plenty of fluid through it and then see what happens. Could also be your slave thats taking a dump. Mine some what did the same think at the end of its life. Replaced it about 2 months ago and have not looked back.
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
          Raro is right. Try bleeding the system. Run plenty of fluid through it and then see what happens. Could also be your slave thats taking a dump. Mine some what did the same think at the end of its life. Replaced it about 2 months ago and have not looked back.
          There isn't a bleeder valve on the 93-97 like there is on the 98-02. The bleeding instructions are rather hokey and I never could get to work.

On mine it was the master that crapped out.
          2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
            There isn't a bleeder valve on the 93-97 like there is on the 98-02. The bleeding instructions are rather hokey and I never could get to work.
            Horrible!! Then I dont know. Could also be the MC.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Thanks for the replies, but apparently, it fixed itself? It felt strange yesterday and this morning. this afternoon, I get in the car, start it up and it's firm again. I'm at loss for words. Weird. Very, very weird. Thanks guys. I'll see how the rest of the week goes.
              Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
              SOLD- Kinda miss it
              SOLD- Good riddance!
              2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

Did you check the fluid level?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff 95 Z28
                  Did you check the fluid level?
                  No. I will when I go back outside today. I think to this morning.
                  SOLD- Kinda miss it
                  SOLD- Good riddance!

Comment

Working...
                  X