clutches?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutches?

I am in the market for a clutch and was wondering what ones are good and ones to stay away from.
    I heard alot of bad more then good about spec
    heard great things about McLeod Dual but very expensive, hard to set up
    I was looking into Ram but I just don't know what way to go
    looking into a LE2 head, cam, intake port upgrade in the near future
    I LOVE COBRA'S -
    THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

95 SS clone- LT1, t-56, pro 5.0, short stick, sidewinder knob, AS&M headers, 3.73 , TA cover, Borla exhaust, MSD , BMR- chromoly suspension, Torq Thrust II

SPEC has a bad rap. I love mine. Kinda chattery on the road but Works GREAT on the track. Im pushing Stock HP so Stage 1 was all I needed. I would recommend the Stage 2 if ur planning on doing all those things. The McLeod is a very good clutch but for the price, unless your looking at racing all the time and seriously racing your car, Its not worth the money. I would go with either Centerforce or SPEC.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

not sure why spec has a bad rap. I've used spec in both of my sports cars, and I love them. I'll only ever buy spec clutches until they do me wrong.

The thing is, SPEC sells so many clutches, of course you're going to have a few horror stories. Look into ACT and McLeod clutches, people have their horror stories on those clutches as well.

I have a stage 3 in my car and I love it.
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

Working...
      X