Gasket Leak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gasket Leak

I was told after having my brakes replaced that my valve cover gaskets are leaking. How difficult is this to fix and if I were to take it to a shop, roughly how much of a cost am I looking at? It is only leaking a small bit but it worries me. By the way, 3.4 V6.

Thanks!
    - Josh

2002 Firehawk Sold

Oh do it yourself. On the V6 its easier than the LT1. Should take you no longer than 1 hour.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Any chance there might be an online guide for this?
      I'm slowly easing myself into the world of automechanics haha.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Driver's side is easy, look at the cover and you'll see the bolts. passenger side is a little tight with the digital EGR sitting on the exhaust manifold, but it still isn't bad.

Comment

I think I might need to pick up a haynes manual beacuse I have only a slight idea of what is going on.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Don't underestimate yourself, yet take your time. Make Sure you have a little box to put all your bolt. Take pictures if need be and you should be fine. That's how I learned. Ripping out radiators and Alternators at 11 years old, And taking apart Multiple Power drills and driving my dad Crazy..ha ha ha. Remember that some of those manuals sometimes make you do things the hard way. After using it twice on my brother 96 Z, We stopped using it.
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
              Remember that some of those manuals sometimes make you do things the hard way.
              Quite true.
              I have both a Haynes and a Chilton. Sometimes the Haynes is better, sometimes the Chilton is. Sometimes they are both useless.

Go for it!!!
              Remeber, you also have one of the best message boards on the net to back you up as well.
              My DD
              2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Working...
              X