Transmission

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission

Well i was going down road otherday about 30mph i go to lean in gas and it wont shift down just feels like it was clogged up with something but shifts down fine manualy started doing this couple days ago
    1996 Firebird Formula

| Magnaflow Catback | 17x9 Ws6 Rims | Ram Air Hood |

I think that is a subtle hint.
    2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

1) check your transmission fluid level. If it's low, that will cause shifting problems and also KILL your transmission quickly.

2) how often have you changed the fluid or the transmission filter? If you've never done it before, now's a good time.
      Darrin C
      '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
      07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Yeah im gonna have it serviced tomarrow
        1996 Firebird Formula

Comment

Got my Tranny Serviced. found out the problem wasnt the tranny it was fouled plug
          1996 Firebird Formula

Comment

Originally posted by 96FirebirdFormula
            Got my Tranny Serviced. found out the problem wasnt the tranny it was fouled plug
            That is the second time I have seen that on the board. I'm glad to hear it wasn't major. You had me worried there.
            2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Yeah im glad wasnt nothing major. didnt hurt to service tranny only took
              like 30mins thanks to my dads shop
              1996 Firebird Formula

Comment

Working...
              X