Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help(cant find a air filter that fits my car)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help(cant find a air filter that fits my car)

Ive went to Car quest,kragens and pep boy's,No one has a filter that fits my car,the ones they have are the samesize as mine, but the actually filter is about a inch shorter on each side on the one I have on now,there's wont fit in my air box,Ive tryed filters for 96 and 97's TA's and formula's and they wont fit,Ive took my filter inside all the stores and the dont have one that will match it ,All the places are confused and say the one they have should fit,Now could I be having this problem because my ram air is custom(95 firebird formula ws6 clone)I dont want to order a filter cause Im afraid it wont fit,Managers of all the stores I went too were clueless,My filter is very very dirty and needs to changed asap ,please help,Could the dealer have one
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

You need measure the filter and go on the K&N web site. The ram air I'm putting together turned out to be the same size as the filter from a 2003 RX-8. Hope this helps.
    1993 Z-28 A4, Flowmaster 3" single out the side,Suncoast Ram air hood,K&N filter.

Comment

Who made the "clone" airbox? If its a GM part (SLP) you use the same filter as a 95 Corvette K&N 332035.

If your airbox was built by someone else, you're going to have to measure it and match it up as described above.
      Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I looked through my papers and the ramair hood was installed and made by Suncoast creations,I tryed to give the a call but they were closed,Im going to measure it and try Nappa
        2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

Just curious.... why do you call your 95 a "ws6 clone"? Do you have the WS6 badge on the back? Did you upgrade the suspension and make all the other changes that came with a real WS6?
          Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
            I looked through my papers and the ramair hood was installed and made by Suncoast creations,I tryed to give the a call but they were closed,Im going to measure it and try Nappa
            I've done a few installs of Suncoast hoods on friend's cars a few years back. I don't know what you are doing wrong, the Suncoast airbox uses a factory WS6 filter. The hinged assembly is a bit of a pain to get correct until you figure it out, but both the WS6 and the SS versions use factory filters.

Comment

Working...
            X