Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White smoke and tons of coolant pouring out of the exhaust

1994 camaro v6 207 manual trans

So I turn on the car and after a few seconds white smoke comes out like crazy and it just doesn't stop. Changed the oil and there is no milkiness to it ... and I am not loseing coolant. Chnaged the injectors and fuel pressure regulator and catalytic converter and oxygen sensors. I am stumped cause all symptoms are of a head gasket ... but I am not getting milkiness in the oil .. or loss of coolant. There is one thing though. I changed the spark plugs and all seemed normal except for plug #1. It was as clean and perfect as the day I bought it. I am so confused please help! Thank You!
    1991 Pontiac Trans Am V8 305

that use to happen to my old honda,think it was bad seals or something,I got that engine restorer stuff and started adding it to my oil and it went away
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

White smoke and tons of coolant pouring out of the exhaust

1991 trans am 305 automatic

I turn on the car with the cooling system copmpletely filled with water. Water then just pours out of the exhaust. Tons and Tons of it and the car smokes white horribly. NO milkiness in the oil. Any clues? Thank You.

Comment

Blown head gasket
        Cracked head
        are a couple of possibilities.
        Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

the car starts smokeing more as the engine gets warmer ... smoke is looking grayish now

Comment

yeah i figured as much .... i am sooo screwed cuz i think the head is cracked . thanks

Comment

my honda only did it in the mourning when it was cold then it would warm up and the smoke would go away
              2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

the first thing that I would do is perform a head gasket leak down test. It is very possible that one or two cylinders is causing this problem. It only has to burn very little to cause the white smoke out the tailpipe. Good luck with it.
                89 Firebird formula 350--95k on it, MSD ignition, full catback exhaust (flowmaster) 160 degree stat, custom chip from pcmforless.com, TPIS air filter, TPIS air foil, TPIS MAT relocation kit, built 700R4 with stage 2 shift kit and corvette servo.

Comment

Hint from moderator - post the question only once..... build on that post for additional information. Do not post the same question again.

Merging.......
                  Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

If #1 plug was clean, that is likely your leaking cylinder.
                    Rob B 95Z A4 Tech Page (Part numbers / locations, how to's, schematics, DTC's...) Home Page - shbox.com

Comment

note to moderator: point taken. 2 different cars ... symptoms are different on both of them.

Comment

You have a blown head gasket. Not to bad to change. Have the heads checked all the same as long as there off. This is a problem with all cast iron blocks and aluminum heads.
                        I have had a 8 thunderbird SC`s and its real common with those with all that boost. Its mostly caused from elctrolisis eating the gasket. Often coolant changes can curb this problem.

Comment

Working...
                        X