Turn signal problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn signal problem

Hi, I also posted this on my local forum, but haven't come up with an answer yet. Just wanted to try here too. I'm having a problem with my front passenger side turn signal. Here's the scenario: I've got a 96 Camaro.
    At first it was an intermittent problem...front and back passenger side turn signals would sometimes work, sometimes not. I figured the turn signal switch was going bad. Then they quit altogether. A member told me to try and replace the turn signal flasher. That restored the rear , but not the front. So I now figured the switch was probably ok, since the rear was now working. The info I had showed that if the turn signal switch was bad, the whole side would be out. Now I've been told that the front bulb socket could be bad. I'm at that point now. I just went and bought a new socket and am about to put that in ($65 bucks for that damn thing!). Hopefully that restores the front turn signal. Anyone out there have similar issues, or have experienced this type of problem? The bulb is ok, and the hazards work fine too. I'd appreciate any and all info. Thanks.

Originally posted by killer1958
    The bulb is ok, and the hazards work fine too. I'd appreciate any and all info. Thanks.
    Could it possibly be the fuse?

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Not a fuse. Bad sockets. I have had 2 go bad in the back. IT was a on an off thing.Go to the parts stores an get the sockets for like $5.00 +.
      Blazer

Comment

It's definitely not the fuse. I have the new socket and am going to be putting it in today. I wish it was only $5.00...no parts stores had it, and the one that could get it was the same price as the dealer. I had to pay $65.00 for that f**king socket! It had better work when I install it. I am aware that these can be an issue on the Camaros/Firebirds, and I'm sure hoping that it solves the problem. Thanks

Comment

$31.68 at http://www.gmpartsdirect.com if I have the correct part number. I beleive it is 12159662. In any case they could have saved you some bucks.
          Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Hope it works. Next time you need parts Cheap let me know I can for the most time find them.
            Blazer

Comment

Thanks Blazer, I will definitely keep that in mind.

Comment

Both my sockets in the front are burnt to a crisp. Since they run constantly (daytime running lights in 1997 and up) the heat burns the sockets and also the top of the amber signal light units. Very soon, I'm gonna have to replace them. The last time I changed the bulbs, the socket would barely hold the bulb - fried!
                Darrin C
                '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
                07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Changed out the bulb socket yesterday, and guess what? Still didn't work! Only one thing left to do...replace the friggin turn signal switch. I've done everything else. Thanks for all the advice.

Comment

u said u changed the rear bulb, how bout the front?
                    2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Working...
                    X