map sensor question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• map sensor question

Sorry if this is a repost. Im working on my 96 ws6, I tune it with lt1 edit. My question is, the stock Map sensor is 1 bar, right? Can that be successfully changed without going to speed density? I'm building a turbo kit for my car now, and was just wandering.

Stock MAP sensor is 1 bar. A signal of 4.90V = 100kPa. When you substitute a 2 bar or 3 bar sensor, the calibration of any tables using the MAP sensor input needs to be revised to reflect the fact that 4.90V will now mean 200 or 300kPa. Since you have to have the PCM tuned to run a turbo setup, the tuner will know what to do. Are you sure you don't want to leave turbo tuning up to a "pro"?
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

I appreciate the concern, not calling myself a pro by any means, but I have been tuning different types of n/a and power adder cars for years now. Some software and hardware packages are very easy to use and tune things like this, whereas others are not. I guess I should have asked more about the limitations of the maf and hi threshold limits vs the map question. I have yet to see a way to rescale the map tables in lt1 edit(obd2) if im wrong please correct me. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X