serious fuel issues!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• serious fuel issues!

well my fuel pump went and i had my mechanic put in another in gas tank one. It was for a fuel injected car though so it was putting out about 60 pounds of pressure and broke my carb.

i bought a new street avenger dp and he put it on. he also put in an underhood pump only putting out about 4-7 pounds of pressure. ideally it should be good

but she starts up, runs for about 30 seconds fine, and then dies like she is starving for fuel. the fuel filter is full and the pump is working fine, what could the problem be?
    87 T/A
    91 vette TPI
    ditched FI
    Edlebrock performer
    Holley 4
    flowmaster cat back
    magnaflow cat

Just got painted black with some gold decals.......Doin burt proud

Originally posted by 87T/A
    well my fuel pump went and i had my mechanic put in another in gas tank one. It was for a fuel injected car though so it was putting out about 60 pounds of pressure and broke my carb.

i bought a new street avenger dp and he put it on. he also put in an underhood pump only putting out about 4-7 pounds of pressure. ideally it should be good

but she starts up, runs for about 30 seconds fine, and then dies like she is starving for fuel. the fuel filter is full and the pump is working fine, what could the problem be?
    could be the float level.

Comment

he adjusted the float level, and it helped but she still wont stay running.
      As we speak he is putting on different fuel pump. the old school ones that pump the same amount of pressure but at a higher volume to see if that works
      87 T/A
      91 vette TPI
      ditched FI
      Edlebrock performer
      Holley 4
      flowmaster cat back
      magnaflow cat

Just got painted black with some gold decals.......Doin burt proud

Comment

i'd get a FP mounted in the rear of the car somewhere. the farther away from the tank, the more cavitation you usually have. which makes the pump work harder, and operator much louder. another thing to remember, fuel pumps push much better then they pull. you're pulling gas the length of the car instead of pushing it.
        87 GTA: it's winter time, all tore apart

ConElite: "Im 22, have had my TA since I was 21."

"I wont lie, I have a heavy foot, but at the same time I know when its the safest to ring out a gear or 2."

Comment

Working...
        X