Headlight Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Issue

My driver side headlight has intermittent issues as far as flipping up or going down with my 2002 CETA. Is this a known problem, is this something electrical or in the switch. Or is this a problem with the motor which ironically I had replaced one in my 1984 Trans Am. Sometimes it will stay down when I turn them on and other times it will stick up when putting it back in my garage?

Many times it's simply a poor electrical connection. The first thing i would try is to spray electrical contact cleaner on each harness connection and put it back together.

Comment

Does it make a grinding noise?
      Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

No abnormal noise...I can actually hear the relay engaging...it sometimes doesn't go down or flip up. A few nights ago it gave me some problems for about 1/2 hour and last night I drove it for 3 hours and had no issues pulling out or pulling back into garage with the headlights. I'll try the cleaning of the contacts...do you suggest to unbolt the headlight itself or is there enough room to get to and unplug the harness without going through all the disassembly?

Comment

On my 97 the connector sits right next to the headlight motor in front, white and blue connector. One on each side.
          Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Working...
          X