rotors/pads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rotors/pads

OK-time to change the rotors and pads (117,000 miles on the rotors-honest)

Looking to go with cross drilled or slotted rotors and, I suppose, ceramic pads.

Suggestions?

I want good brakes, but don't want the good brakes to break me-if you get my drift.
    2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Try baer brakes they have a lot of different packages to choose from. You can get direct OE replacement rotors pretty cheap. That way you can have cross-drilled rotors and use the stock calipers.

www.baer.com
    1997 Trans Am Flowmaster catback. Hotchkis suspension front to rear. Baer GT brakes Front and rear.

Comment

ill have to find the link again but cross driller/slotted rotors are only good if ur a hardcore auto-x or road racer. otherwise they are just show and cut down on ur pad life. just get a good set of rotors and pads and be done with it
      2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

Originally posted by 88bird5spd
        ill have to find the link again but cross driller/slotted rotors are only good if ur a hardcore auto-x or road racer. otherwise they are just show and cut down on ur pad life. just get a good set of rotors and pads and be done with it
        Appreciate the comment ( and was aware of that), but actually I do want them more for show. Despite 117,000 miles, the ragtop is still in pretty pristine condition and I do show it around the Dallas area. I am buying C5 thin spoke wheels for it, and the slotted or cross drilled rotors would be perfect for looks. I am light on the brakes (only one set of pads and the original rotors at 117,000 miles) so wear is not my biggest concern.

Thanks for your input though.
        2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

I have gone with PowerSlot rotors with Hawk HPS pads. They seem to be doing OK for me, and the dust build up is not bad at all.

Comment

Thanks--BTW, like the license plate-SAD that it's true-but I like it anyway.

Comment

WS6store.com has a good set of rotors from what I have heard. They are pretty cheap also.

Comment

Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. I've heard a lot of negative feedback on the drilled rotors cracking.
                Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
                  Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. I've heard a lot of negative feedback on the drilled rotors cracking.
                  I have too.
                  2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Your better off with a set of slotted rotors. I would not go with some Drilled. They do crack and Seen them crack. The slotted ones look very nice too. If I were you I would get a set of 2 pc Slotted rotors, your pick of brand. Those look sharp IMO. Those with a set of Black Corvette Calipers, and you got yourself a winner. Like the Black ones in this picture. This Company Offers:
                    Slotted and Drilled
                    Slotted only
                    Drilled only

Eddie
                    2000 M6 Trans Am
                    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Brembo

Those are attractive.

No one has mentioned them, so i feel I should.
                      Brembo are a bit pricy, but unmatched.
                      Mike, So. MD, USA
                      1998 Camaro 3800 5m, Borla, Whisperlid/K&N, ProForm shortshift, 17" chrome SS wheels, poly bushings

Comment

This is what I have an will never use stock rotors. I got them from www.rotor pros.com . Mine are slotted an dimpled an painted red to match my car an I am using Hawk pads. They make the stock brakes look like crap. An the rotors were cheep. But Hawks were up in price but well worth it.I can send you pics if you want.
                        Blazer

Comment

Originally posted by Blazer
                          This is what I have an will never use stock rotors. I got them from www.rotor pros.com . Mine are slotted an dimpled an painted red to match my car an I am using Hawk pads. They make the stock brakes look like crap. An the rotors were cheep. But Hawks were up in price but well worth it.I can send you pics if you want.
                          Blazer

very interested please do

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                          X