6 Speed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Speed

Chilton's says I need to use Dexron IIE or III Automatic Transmission Fluid. Is this true? Anyone have any tricks to fill the trans without getting fluid everywhere?

96 TA Sold!
    87 TA Sold!
    80 Z28 Sold!
    74 Formula Sold!
    73 Z28 Sold!
    69 Camaro Not Sold!

Yes, use a transfer pump (10.00 @ parts store) to pump fluid from the bottle to the trans.
    96 WS6 Formula: Ram Air, 383 Stroker, Ported LT4 Heads and Manifold, 1.6 Crane Rollers, 58MM T.B., AS&M Headers, Borla Exhaust, Meziere Elec. H2O Pump, Canton Deep Sump Oil Pan, 100 HP OF TNT N2O!! , T56 Conversion w/ Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Hotchkiss Subframe Conn., Lakewood Adj. Panhard Bar, Spohn Adj. LCA's, BMR Adj. T.A., Custom 12 bolt w/ 3:73's, Moser Axles, Eaton Posi, Moser Girdle
    11.6 @ 123mph (1.6 60' - getting there )

Comment

Thanks. I was really worried I was going to have to explain what happened to my wife's Turkey Baster again. He He.

96 TA Sold!
      87 TA Sold!
      80 Z28 Sold!
      74 Formula Sold!
      73 Z28 Sold!
      69 Camaro Not Sold!

Comment

Originally posted by Mirroredshades
        Thanks. I was really worried I was going to have to explain what happened to my wife's Turkey Baster again. He He.
        Just stick it back in the drawer when you're done with it. It gives the bird a nice earthy taste.
        '95 Trans Am - A4, LE2 heads, LE1 cam, 1.6 ProMags, Comp R's, AS&M CAI, AS&M 54mm, MAC midlengths, Random Tech. cat, Borla cat back, PCMforless, Vigilante 2800, 3.73's, BMR LCAs/panhard/shock tower brace

Comment

I use a 5' long piece of rubber hose with a funnel press fit in the end to fill mine. I got the hose at Home Depot. It is the kind they use on gas furnaces to drain off the water from combustion.

A small ended funnel fits perfectly into it.

Just remove the filler plug, shove in the hose and hold it at chest level off to the side with the funnel in it. Have a buddy pour in the fluid. Make sure the car is level and when it is full the fluid will begin overflowing. Just catch the extra in a bucket, replace the plug and you are done.

It takes a few minutes to pour it all in. It flows through the hose kinda slow, but it is still cheaper, faster and less frustrating that a stupid pump.

I used fully synthetic ATF fluid with a bottle of Duralube ATF transmission treatment. Trans is almost silent now.

Comment

Working...
          X