Ran out off Gas,used regular Unleaded

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran out off Gas,used regular Unleaded

How bad was this,To make a long story short,My cars been on E,Ive been riding my bike,Today took my car cause I was suppose to get paid,I didnt,ran out off gas,Had to use Old lawn mower regular gas out of a gas can,How bad is this, I put 2 gallon's of regular in,I alway's use premium
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Regular is fine. The PCM should retard the timing to compensate for the lower octane gas. I'd be more concerned about running it dry - your fuel pump might have an issue running it empty. If it's ok now, though, you should be fine.
    94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Did you notice a big difference in power?
      Red 95 Trans Am: M6, Moroso CAI, Magnaflow, Spohn sway bars, back to life as of 2/15/10!!!
      SOLD- Kinda miss it
      94 Del Sol VTEC: 27 city/ 33 highway, knee deep in slowness
      SOLD- Good riddance!
      2006 Ford Fusion: 2.3, 5 speed, could run 15lbs of boost with a 150 shot and it'd still be slow

Comment

I didnt notice a diference in power,and it was driving great after I but the regular in
        2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

I noticed in your signature that you have Hypertech. They say premium is required if you're using the 'power tuning' option, but I think you should be ok as long as the engine doesn't knock.

Comment

<<I'd be more concerned about running it dry - your fuel pump might have an issue running it empty. >>

There have been many postings here over the years about the damage that can be done to the fuel pumps by running it dry. I have seen postings that it cost upwards of $1,000 to have repairs done to teh fuel system by running out of gas. As noted, if it's running okay now you may have realllly dodged a bullet.
            2000 Z-28 Convertible, neutral leather interior and neutral top, hotchkis STB, SLP Bowtie Grill, WhisperLid, K&N, cold air induction

Comment

Damn your that broke? ha ha . You'll be alright as everyone else already said. I just hope there was no grass and gunk that went into the tank. Other than that ur kew.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                Damn your that broke? ha ha . You'll be alright as everyone else already said. I just hope there was no grass and gunk that went into the tank. Other than that ur kew.
                not broke , just cheap, savin for vegas

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
                  not broke , just cheap, savin for vegas
                  No point of that if you burn your fuel pump...

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
                  Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
                  B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
                  Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
                  Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
                    No point of that if you burn your fuel pump...
                    I didnt have my wallet on me ,I didnt get paid,thought I could make it home,well I almost did

Comment

Some messed up priorities ha ha ha.
                      Eddie
                      2000 M6 Trans Am
                      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Damn........cut him some slack..........!
                        Darrin C
                        '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
                        07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

Originally posted by 97LT1Z28
                          Damn........cut him some slack..........!
                          HA HA HA. Its just funny.

"What happen why you run out of gas?"

"B/c Im saving my money for Vegas!!!" ha ha ha ha ha

Just messin Holmes
                          Eddie
                          2000 M6 Trans Am
                          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Yea, he's 21 if I did the math right from his profile.....

When I was 21 my prorities were.....

Women
                            Partying
                            Women
                            Driving Fast
                            Women

In that order.....

Sounds Like he's got it lined up correctly.
                            Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

Originally posted by BrdWAtti2d
                              Yea, he's 21 if I did the math right from his profile.....

When I was 21 my prorities were.....

Women
                              Partying
                              Women
                              Driving Fast
                              Women

In that order.....

Sounds Like he's got it lined up correctly.
                              When does that change? I'm 43.
                              2002 Electron Blue Vette, 1SC, FE3/Z51, G92 3.15 gears, 308.9 RWHP 321.7 RWTQ (before any mods), SLP headers, Z06 exhaust, MSD Ignition Wires, AC Delco Iridium Spark Plugs, 160 t-stat, lots of ECM tuning

1995 Z28, many mods, SOLD

A proud member of the "F-Body Dirty Dozen"

Comment

Working...
                              X