1992 Z28: fuel pump is not pumping up to motor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 Z28: fuel pump is not pumping up to motor

I have been banging my head with this ongoing problem for months. My car is a 1992 Z28 305 TPI 5-spd. It started last fall when the car just died as I was pulling out of a parking lot. The car started fine two days after that. It ran for about a week, then the same thing happened. I replaced the fuel pump, the car ran fine for about two weeks then had same problem. The car with start if a spray starting fluid or gas into the plenum but dies when it runs out. The fuel pump it getting juive to the plug in. The three prong plug has 9 volts on one prong and about three volts on the other. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I miss my car!!!!

I don't have much experence with this but here is something that happened to me and it could be the same thing for you. I had the same symptoms and it turned out to be a cloged vapor line; the car would run great till enough vaccume built up the the tank to keep the pump from drawing any more gas. The way to check is to take the cap off; if a lot of air goes in and the car starts then this is probably the problem. Hope this helps
    SOLD: 91 Firebird, 350 .030 over, flat top pistons, done up 305 (14022801) heads, performer rpm airgap intake, 292/292 .501/.501 cam, holley 4150 (800cfm) carb, Th400 trans, Gm 10 bolt posi rear end. Currently running 14.6 at 93 mph. Now driving a 04 Mitsu Lancer, slower but at 1.87 per gallon for gas; much cheaper to run

Comment

Working...
    X