Mtx 10 ich box

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mtx 10 ich box

Any good links ,lookin for a 10ich box that doesnt affect t top storage,shops down here want $299,I have some $$ I sold my old 12''sub and box
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Sub enclosure

Fits into the driverside opening in the hatch.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
    Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
    B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
    Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
    Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

i got a chrome one real bling bling 4 u 10 million dollars lmk k thx
      97 Chevy 'Raro Z28 M6- Ported & Polished LT1 heads,beehives,1.6/1.94 valves, 226/231 custom cam,K&N FIPK, 94-95 BBK shorty's,ORY,Magnaflow Catback,no cats,BMR LCA Relocation Brackets,Lower Control Arms,Adjustable Panhard Bar,Eibach Pro Kit,SPEC Stage 1,Walbro 255 Fuel Pump,30LB Injectors,Pro 5.0,Short stick,MSD 8.5's,NGK TR55's,LT4KM

01 Honda CBR600 F4i-Two bro's,Corbins,SS brake lines

Comment

I have a drivers side box from SubThump.com.
        It it a very nice product and according to the website does not interfere with T-top storage.

As far as what sub to get, that's up to you. I suggest a small airspace sub (like a solobaric) and give it as much power as you can.

I have a PPI 10" sub running off of a bridged Punch 125X2 and it's more than enough to shake things loose inside the car.

I am more of a rock guy so I am usually looking to feel the kick of the bass drum but it will bump anything with a small adjustment to the EQ.
        My DD
        2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Those are all a rip. At a shop I used to work at, We would make FiberGlass ones for $150. Thats what im working on building, one for a single 10" to fit in the cubby hole b/c I dont want to relocate my CD changer.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by sneitzel
            I have a passenger side box from SubThump.com.
            It it a very nice product and according to the website does not interfere with T-top storage.
            drum but it will bump anything with a small adjustment to the EQ.
            Ur the man Sneitzel saved me alot of money ,everone in town's saying $300,And they wont custom make it ,............................thanks thanks thanks,Im gonna try one more place in town,if there $$$$$ Im buyin from the website u gave me(I hate ordering things from the internet in case somethings wrong)but nothin beats that price,I was gonna put two 12'' inches in,but it took up all my cargo space I had no room to put anything in so I returned the dual 12'' box,This is the first 10'' Ill ever use,You guy's think it will still bump ,I have a 1400 watt rockferd amp,all the other speakers will be stock,but there still pretty decent for stock,Im gona get my 10'' at bestbuy,I get the 4 year warranty,Cause I always blow them,So I just get a new for free,
            2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
              Those are all a rip. At a shop I used to work at, We would make FiberGlass ones for $150.
              It's only a rip if there is a local shop in your area that will build you one for $150. I too had problems finding a local shop that would do a custom install for a reasonable price. Most of them wanted to sell me a pre-made, pre-loaded box for waaaay to much money or they wanted to charge me a per hour charge to do custom work (4 hour minimum). A couple of them even refused to use my sub and wanted to sell me a new one before they'd touch ther car. (some BS about liability and not offering a warranty on their work etc.)

So for me the SubThump box was perfect.
              My DD
              2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

You're welcome DHolmes.

As far as the sub, all I can say is you usually do get what you pay for. Get a good quality sub, one that can handle the power you have to give to it. Spend the extra time to adjust the gain etc. on your amp (and head unit if applicable) and you should not be blowing speakers. The PPI sub that I have I bought used around 4 years ago and it's still going strong.

Yes. A 10" WILL BUMP!!! The one thing you will lose with 10s vs 12s is a small amount of low end sensitivity but were talking about the really really low frequencies. Chances are unless you're competing or playing some hard core bass mix stuff you'll never miss it.

BTW, here's a link to a new (and much improved) version of the sub I have.
                http://www.precisionpower.com/subwoofers/PCXseries.asp
                Remember it's about quality of sound not quantity.
                My DD
                2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

It's only a rip if there is a local shop in your area that will build you one for $150.
                  I call that a deal but okay? Custom and Fiberglass. Not painted though.

Holmes, your putting to much power to the subs if they keep burning out. The key is to match the amps RMS rate with the subs Watts. I am a huge fan of Kicker. I used to run All Kicker Speakers inside my Honda. One single Amp. It was a 4 channel with built in Class-D. It was one single 10" L5 Solo-Baric.
                  The box was tuned to spec. Got 100+dbs out of it. Its not all in the amount more in the design. I also suggest changing the speakers inside the car. Get you a nice crisp sound. A lot of bass and no voice is just dumb.

Eddie
                  2000 M6 Trans Am
                  Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I call that a deal but okay? Custom and Fiberglass. Not painted though.
                    By a rip you meant rip off right? I'm saying not all of us have local installers who will build a custom box for $150 so ordering one for $112 is a good deal yes.
                    My DD
                    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

By a rip you meant rip off right? I'm saying not all of us have local installers who will build a custom box for $150 so ordering one for $112 is a good deal yes.
                      I didnt know they were $112 on that website. Although Fiberglass has better reverb and weight.
                      Eddie
                      2000 M6 Trans Am
                      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I think 112 is a deal compared to all the other prices shops have given me,As far as fiberglass Box's Ive never had one,the regular boxes work fine for me,I will probaly get a rockferd punch thats what Ive always gotten,As far as me blowing my speakers Its because its ghetto installed or Im giving way to much bass,I love bass,But it doesnt matter thats what a 4 year warranty's for ,It only costs 29.95,In my honda I went through 3 12'',didnt pay a dime

Oh I have 2 6x5 with billt in tweeters Ill put in the front

Comment

I checked out Subthump.com and i am wondering if anyone knows what the subs that come with the box sound like? I am reffering to the single 10 inch sub.Anyone have experince with these subs?
                          1994 Pontiac Trans Am A4 Pacesetter Ceramic Coated Longtubes,3" ORY,Dual 3" Cutouts,No Cat,!AIR,!EGR,K&N CAI,Flowmaster Exhaust,Mad Z28 Tune,Spohn Subframe Connectors,Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs,KYB Shocks,17x9.5 Chrome ZO6 Rims,5% Tint

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes

Oh I have 2 6x5 with billt in tweeters Ill put in the front
                            6x5?

Never heard of that size. Im guessing you mean 6.5"
                            Get that with a nice pair of tweeters. The 2 or 3 way Door speakers have really weak tweeters and normally blow.
                            Eddie
                            2000 M6 Trans Am
                            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

6x5?

Never heard of that size. Im guessing you mean 6.5"
                              Get that with a nice pair of tweeters. The 2 or 3 way Door speakers have really weak tweeters and normally blow.
                              There standard door size speakers,these speakers have tweeters connected on them

Comment

Working...
                              X