Clear coat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clear coat

How can I stop my clear coat from spreading,Coming off more,Its coming off on the top off my car behind my t tops,It has a newer paint job they did a crappy job
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Did they give you a warranty with the paint work? They should repaint it for you.
    LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

the previous owner had it done,I can look for the reciept,but It could have been done hours away,Ive only had the car for about 1/2 a year
      2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

Originally posted by DHolmes
        the previous owner had it done,I can look for the reciept,but It could have been done hours away,Ive only had the car for about 1/2 a year
        When clear or any paint peels, it's a sign that the prep work was done incorrectly or there was a contaminant on the surface before the clear or paint was applied. I'd find out who painted it and try to get them to fix it. If not, its going to continute to peel.
        LS15 Power! Another LSx engine coming soon.

Comment

The only thing I can think of is to sand down the edge of the flaking clear to get rid of the ridge. Might slow it down.
          No F-Body right now

Comment

Working...
          X