lt1 alternator relocation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lt1 alternator relocation

Those of you that have low mounted your alternator, which brackets are you using? Thanks.

I bought mine off of ebay. Seems to be good quality and easy to install. And it came with correct belt.

Comment

Why do you 'low-mount' them? Is there some advantage to the lower location?

Comment

What else are you going to be running beside the alternator? ..... power steering? ..... A/C?

If you are only running the alternator (no PS, no A/C), there are brackets available from Madman Racing (go to Thunder Racing website) or from SJM Manufacturing.

http://www.sjmmanufacturing.com
        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Oh! I am running all the factory-accessories. I thought that maybe there was a reason that people would re-locate the alternator to make room or something, but I understand now that it's for racing-purposes!
          Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X