EGR delete

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR delete

OK so i got new headers, and i wanna put the block off plates for the air and egr, and i know how to do the air thing, but the egr looks like it goes into some sort of motor, or pump which then outof that comes another tube that collects from the headers, my problem is theres a sensor that hooks up to this motor looking think, and runs and clips into each of the cylendars right in plain view. If i take out the egr and the motor looking thing, and use the blockoff plate, can i also take off all of those sensors, or so i leeve them hooked in, and if i do, what do i put in the place of the one that clips into this motor looking thing.
    [COLOR=Navy]2000 Navy Blue Trans Am, T Tops, Automatic, Ram Air, Slp 85mm Mas, Air Lid, Smooth bellow, Hooker 1.75 Lt's, ORY, LM1, Air/EGR delete, Throttle body coolant bypass. Msd super conductor wires. TSP cam, ss3600, svo 38LB injectors.
    Ported fast 92 mm intake and 92 mm TB on order.
    11.539 @ 118.82 1.649 60 foot.

1969 z28 - 9.957 @ 133.92 1.425 60 foot.

You have to remember that that pipe goes into the intake manifold and if your remove the EGR your going to start setting off codes. You would have to get that Programmed out but from my understanding is it wont pass smog.

This is the best picture I could find here at work.

Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

If you decide to keep the EGR, please see my earlier posting regarding a "fix" for the tube where it enters the intake manifold.
      R.i.K.

'98 WS6 TA (white, of course!), Hurst Billet/Plus shifter, BBK intake manifold, McGard “blue-ring” lug nuts (12x1.5), PowerSlot brake rotors, Hawk brake pads, Stainless steel braided brake lines, Pontiac arrow, Hotchkis strut tower brace, MBA MAF ends, Reflective Concepts lettering, MTI carbon-fiber look airbox lid . . . and one greying, somewhat eccentric owner.

Comment

Alright con, you see that thing thats in the square, that pump looking thing, if you look at your car then youll see that theres some clip in wire that runs through that little black thing that holds the other wires. Outof that black tubular peice also comes 4 wires that clip into the cylendar heads. Is that pump vital to the operation of those wires, or are they not even connected at all just run throught the same tube to keep organized.

And yes ill obviously have to reprogram stuff.
        [COLOR=Navy]2000 Navy Blue Trans Am, T Tops, Automatic, Ram Air, Slp 85mm Mas, Air Lid, Smooth bellow, Hooker 1.75 Lt's, ORY, LM1, Air/EGR delete, Throttle body coolant bypass. Msd super conductor wires. TSP cam, ss3600, svo 38LB injectors.
        Ported fast 92 mm intake and 92 mm TB on order.
        11.539 @ 118.82 1.649 60 foot.

1969 z28 - 9.957 @ 133.92 1.425 60 foot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragkid1917
          Alright con, you see that thing thats in the square, that pump looking thing, if you look at your car then youll see that theres some clip in wire that runs through that little black thing that holds the other wires. Outof that black tubular peice also comes 4 wires that clip into the cylendar heads. Is that pump vital to the operation of those wires, or are they not even connected at all just run throught the same tube to keep organized.

And yes ill obviously have to reprogram stuff.
          Get yourself a used LS6 Manifold. Then plan on removing the EGR system. Then get your PCM reprogrammed and you should be good. That should free up around 15-20 hp.
          Eddie
          2000 M6 Trans Am
          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Working...
          X