Need LOUD horn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need LOUD horn

I am living in a country with very bad drivers. Very bad.

I want to install a horn that will blow them away.

I am open to an air horn and an air tank if possible.

Anybody done this on a F-body before?

What to get and where to mount it.?

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

ha ha ha ha. My buddy installed a Train Horn. Thats pretty much the ultimate. That or a cruise liner horn. When he would honk at me from about 3 cars behind my car would shake.

Check out these

HONK!!!
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Check these out too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/5-Horn-Air-Horn-...QQcmdZViewItem

For the Hammer3, you'll have to get a compressor too - this one has a sound clip.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hammer3-Triple-T...QQcmdZViewItem

But here's another kit that has everything complete:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-COMPLETE-DUA...QQcmdZViewItem
      Darrin C
      '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
      07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

If you want something loud but compact, get a Stebel Nautilus. It is a compact air horn that is small enough that I have it mounted on my sportbike. That thing is super loud; not train horn loud, but WAY louder than those so-called "130db" Wolo horns and stuff that the parts places sell. I'd say it's as loud or maybe even louder than the double air horns with separate pump setup too. I have two of the Wolo horns and the Stebel Nautilus on my bike and it could wake the dead.
        "No, officer, that bottle is my onboard Halon system"

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
          ha ha ha ha. My buddy installed a Train Horn. Thats pretty much the ultimate. That or a cruise liner horn. When he would honk at me from about 3 cars behind my car would shake.
          That, my friend, sounds awesome and I would love to have one on my f-body.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

You need a horn blasters air horn

Link to their videos LMFAO hahaahhaah (these are really good)

looking at the $369 setup myself for the past 2 years. I might just get the 1.5 gallon setup if I can find an excellent hiding spot for the tank
            Rhode Island Red *Lurker since 1997*

2002 Firehawk #0035/1503 !Cags | !Air | !PCV | Airborn-coated Kooks LT's | Powerbond UD Pulley | Custom Cam | Ported Oil pump | LS2 timing chain | Comp 918's | Hardened push rods | LSS | BMR STB | SLP Bolt-on SFC's | drill mod |TB Bypass | Ported TB | Custom Dyno tuning | 160* thermostat | LS7 Clutch
            Ordered: May 1, 2001 Built: June 1, 2001 Delivered August 25, 2001
            pics and info

Comment

This thread makes me think that we're all just a bunch of horny people.....
              Darrin C
              '97 Z28 LT1 157K (((S O L D ))) A4, C/I Cold Air Induction, Flomaster Exhaust, SLP Fan Control Mod, Eibach Springs w/1" Drop, Racing Dynamics Shock Tower Brace, Lakewood LCA's.
              07 Ford F150 - Daily Driver. I went from f-body to f-series. I think I'm out of my f'in mind.....

Comment

I changed my mind. I couldn't find a good place to mount those large air horns. So I went to an "OEM" replacement. I got a pair of high and low Freeway Blaster horns from J.C. Whitney, since they ship to APOs.

I'll see if they live up to the hype.

Freeway Blaster

99 Silver Z28 A4, T tops, ZR-1 wheels (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by 97LT1Z28
                  This thread makes me think that we're all just a bunch of horny people.....
                  Wow

True!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Reminds me of my brother in our younger days when we were still riding bicycles.

He got his hands on a large truck horn which was air powered. He mounted it to the bicycle and made up a small container with a quick release and a check valve and hooked up a bicycle hand pump. He could fill the container with the hand pump and then use the quick release to make some noise.

Boy you should have seen the people jump when he hit it.
                    97 Trans Am A4 more or less stock (Mods: WS6 Ram Air with Fernco & K&N, 12 disc CD changer, power antenna, SLP Fan Switch, LS1 Aluminum DS, Borla Cat back, McCord power plate, Spohn tower brace, Sirius, HID fog lights)

1and1 Web Hosting

Comment

Id hate to be the first girl you come across that has a honk if your horny sign....

Comment

Working...
                      X