air pump delete

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air pump delete

I have an 89 formula 350 and was looking to delete the a.i.r. assembly. Do I have to have my chip re-burned to delete this and will this still allow me to pass emissions? I am looking to gain a few ponies and also clean up that engine compartment. Do I also need to block off anything that I might not be thinking of. Has anyone done this and how well does it work? Thanks for any input.
    89 Firebird formula 350--95k on it, MSD ignition, full catback exhaust (flowmaster) 160 degree stat, custom chip from pcmforless.com, TPIS air filter, TPIS air foil, TPIS MAT relocation kit, built 700R4 with stage 2 shift kit and corvette servo.

I know if you take it off here in California it wont pass insections. I dont know about IN.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by 89 formula
      I have an 89 formula 350 and was looking to delete the a.i.r. assembly. Do I have to have my chip re-burned to delete this and will this still allow me to pass emissions? I am looking to gain a few ponies and also clean up that engine compartment. Do I also need to block off anything that I might not be thinking of. Has anyone done this and how well does it work? Thanks for any input.
      I'm not sure how AIR would effect your CO2 emissions...You won't have to reburn your chip...as long as your car can pass the sniffer and visual you'll be fine.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Working...
      X