Emissions Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emissions Problem

Well took my car through Emissions today, and it failed because of the Crankshaft Sensor. Was throwing up 2 codes

P0355 Crankshaft position Sensor "A" Circuit
    P0336 Crankshaft Posposition Sensor "A" Circuit Range/Performance

Is there anyway of getting around this? Car seems to run fine as it is. Was just gonna replace the sensor, but nowhere in town do they have one in stock, so having to wait on ebay. And what exactly is the Crankshaft sensor all for? I Can erase the code, but as soon as they have me shut off the car, and turn it back on, it does come on again.

The crank position sensor (CKP) was added with the advent of OBD-II. It is used only to identify engine misfires, and does not have any affect on the way the engine runs. Could be the sensor, the wiring, a loose reluctor gear, high voltage interference with the wiring, or possibly some metallic particles building up on the sensor.
    Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

Working...
    X