94 3.4 Upgrades?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 3.4 Upgrades?

so heres the story i have a 1994 BASE model camaro i mean BASE man. locks windows everything. so far ive done intake exhaust. i plan and doing underdrive pulleys and MSD coils. and a shift kit. what else can i do externally without robbing alot of gas milage and my pocket almost every weekend i drive almost 300 miles being in the military to go home. im trying to get 300 hp out of it. i dont think its gonna be impossible just really hard does anybody have an suggestions. or know anyone on the East Coast looking to sponsor a fresh camaro im open for anything. if not in about a year im doing an LT1 swap. i like the 6 but just not enough power for me. PLEASE HELP A MILITARY BOY........

V/R
    SN Hutchison
    USCG Ceremonial Honor Guard
    DMHutchison@uscg.mil
    94 V6 A4~~LT1 M6~~383 M6 13.1 @ 109 with a 2.1 60' Sold/Stripped
    94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
    75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
    1992 Convertable RS 305/700r4 <<<Just a Beater
    GOT PSi?
    Good Cause Your Gonna Need It!!!

for what you want to do, just buy the Z28, trust me!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

i cant afford to buy another car my grandfather bought me the car. i had a 78 chevy long for the last two years and all i wanted was a camaro and it was my truck or a camaro and i couldnt afford both of them so he bought me the camaro. he felt bad because as soon as he bought me that one we found a 96 t-top 6spd LS1 for like 10k. more then what we wanted to spend but i wouldve came up with the money. i have what i have i just wanna know what can i do to it to get more out without internals.
      94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
      75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
      GOT PSi?

Comment

There is no way you'll get the 3.4 to that kind of HP level without serious work. When I say serious, I mean ported and polished heads from a front driver, forged pistons a power adder in the form of nitrous and/or supercharger/turbo, full exhaust work and computer work, and then you have to make the transmission live which means performance rebuild. Then the two piece driveshaft will have to be replaced, next the differential assembly from a Z28 or T/A stick shift car with 3.42 gears will be needed. Figure about $5000 conservative.

Comment

get a posi rear with better gears(i have a 96 z28 rear for sale, it comes with 3.73s for 225$), get a LS1 d/s, do some suspension upgrades, add a lil giggle juice, the full exhuast, a ported intake, cold air, and a tune and u'll prob sit pretty at 250ish witht he juice
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

what will adding suspension upgrades do to my im not a master mechanic but i know that suspension wont do anything to my car. the motor has 125K im real iffy or putting a baby bottle on it or suckin or blowin it. your saying with the externals i might be able to get about 250????
            94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
            75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
            GOT PSi?

Comment

Ok, first off, how did you find a 96 with an LS1? Did someone do a swap? Even still, 10k is high.

Now to the car. As Joe pointed out, you're looking at a WHOLE lot of work to get your car to 300 hp and stable. Let's look at the 2 scenarios presented thus far:

1. Stick with the 3.4 - Joe pretty well outlined everything you would need to do to get the 3.4 up to where you want, and that will cost you a good chunk of change. Personally, I think Joe is being very nice with the $5000 figure. A good tranny rebuild/strengthening can easily run you $1500-$2000 alone. Plus the needed suspension components to help keep the car manageable (rear lower control arms, torque arm, shock tower brace, panhard rod, possibly sub-frame connectors, shocks, springs) along with beefing up the rear (gears, differential) or finding a good, used V8 rear to swap in along with a 1-piece driveshaft (stock LS1 or stronger 1LE shaft) and you're easily crossing the $5k figure Joe mentioned.

2. LT1/LS1 swap - Definitely not a budget job. You've gotta find a good, used motor that you can afford (the cost of a new, turn-key motor would be way out of budget from the sound of things) plus the wiring harness and PCM. Then you need the necessary front shocks, front springs, K-member (if I remember correctly), probably radiator along with all the small things (hoses, etc.). Then the suspension and drivetraing components I already outlined.

I can understand your plight, but you need to be smart about this. If you really want a strong F-body, your best bet is to save up and, when you're ready, sell your V6 car and buy a V8 one. Just the cost of getting the 3.4 of to V8 power would be enough to get you a V8 car. You would the whole package that you're looking for, get decent mileage and, most likely, have a couple bolt-ons already on the car (bone-stock V8 cars are fairly rare, but still out there). Enjoy your V6 for now and save up...you'll be happy you did in the long run. Take it easy and stay safe.
              Steve
              79 FSJ - most expensive AMC Jeep ever Mods
              87 GN - its just a 6... Mods
              93 Z28 - slightly tweaked Mods
              http://home.comcast.net/~budlopez

Comment

i really appreciate what you all are doing and i know im being a pain in the ass but i have a 10-11 second 75 chevy short bed with a 454 big block all built up so im not looking just for a street warrior, just something that i know i can hurt these little non-torboed imports do you think the 3.4 is capable of that or still just do that V8 swap or just buy a new one. most of the non-turbos in my area are lucky if they see 200 HP so thats really not much to worry about. if i wanna get stupid and play nasty i just go home and get my truck lol thats always worse losing to a flat black truck that is older then the driver of both vehicles racing LOL haha . WELL THANKYOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP SOO FAR.
                94 Z28 383 A4 Sold
                75 Chevy~~~~ SOLD
                GOT PSi?

Comment

A lightly modded 3.4 V6 could probably hit 200 with no extreme engine work. In this light work, a new exhaust system, CAI intake, and a cam (which begins the engine work) could get you 200 no problem. Getting 215 and over is where I guess you would start having to blow some major (1,000's of dollars) cash to find HP gains.

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

Working...
                  X