My first mod!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first mod!!!

I just installed my first mod! A K&N CAI for my 94 Z28 AT. I'm pretty psyched... and now I get to think about what to buy next...
    any suggestions?

You should create a Sig that way we know what kind of car you have and we wont have to keep trying to remember. What are you trying to do with the car? Drag racing or Auto-X. Good mods are all over the site. Use the search engine, its very helpful.
    Eddie
    2000 M6 Trans Am
    Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

AT - Automatic Trans? You should put A4.

Not TA ConElite...he's got a Z28.

Christopher Teng

1999 · A4 · 3.73's · Auburn LSD · Whisper Lid · K&N · Pacesetter Headers/Y-pipe
      Magnaflow Cat & Catback · MSD Coils/Wires · Bosch +4 Plugs · EGR Bypass
      B&M SuperCooler · 160* Stat · Descreened MAF · SLP CAI · BMR STB & SFC
      Strano Sways · Eibach Springs · Bilstein HD Shocks · Hawk-Pads · Brembo Blanks
      Speedlines · Nitto 555s · Texas Speed Mail Tune

Lots of Weight Savings · Stubby Antenna · Corbeau TRS · Zaino · 273K

F-Body Dirty Dozen

Comment

Originally posted by Christopherrr
        AT - Automatic Trans? You should put A4.

Not TA ConElite...he's got a Z28.
        Ha Ha Ha. Ops. My bad. Its early sorry. lol
        Eddie
        2000 M6 Trans Am
        Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

I think AT = Automatic Transmission correct?

Like ConElite says create a signature.

Under QuickLinks go to Edit Signature in the User Control Panel section.

Put in your information and click "Save Signature". You will get an error but the signature will be saved.
          PS:
          The User CP link does not work.
          My DD
          2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

oops

Sorry, I'm new. Yeah, I meant automatic transmission. I'll create a signature tonight. I want the car to be a daily driver (spring-fal) so I need it to be reliable, but I want it to be powerful. I most likely wont be taking it to a track any time, but I dont want to have to worry about mustangs at stoplights.

Comment

Well you dont have to worry about Rustangs anyways

What is your budget set at. I'd say start with the usual bolt ons. A full Exhaust system with some Shorty Headers to give you that great low end torque that the LT1 is famous for. If you dont Plan dropping it then get some Performance Shocks and a 1LE 32mm front sway bar for better handling. Some subframe connectors and some Relocation Brackets. That should give you a good handling car and not so hard on you if you drive it every day. I have all my suspension done, still need some Shocks, and man the car Carves Canyons but very hard on the body for a daily Driver. But Its what I love.

You have a CAI so thats good. I think you can also get an LT4 knock module to eliminate the KNock retard. A custom Tune will help you out as well. Like I said before, it all depends on how much your willing to Spend. B/c the Skies the limit.
              Eddie
              2000 M6 Trans Am
              Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

long tubes are the way to go!!
                forged 383 LT1,11.5:1 compression,main girdle,custom comp cam,1.6 pro magnum rocker arms,ported heads,hooker supercomps,3"true duals,52mm throttle body,accel 300+ ignition,centerforce dfx clutch,B&M shifter,soon a 175 shot.

Comment

Originally posted by 1995TA
                  long tubes are the way to go!!
                  If your allowed to have them in your state!!

(Damn You California!!)
                  Eddie
                  2000 M6 Trans Am
                  Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Originally posted by ConElite
                    I think you can also get an LT4 knock module to eliminate the KNock retard.
                    Is the LT4 module a worthy investment if there are no other internal engine mods done?
                    My DD
                    2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

From My understanding, Its always recommended, and not to costly. Knock Retard kills horsepower.
                      Eddie
                      2000 M6 Trans Am
                      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

The LT4 KM will not do anything for performance, unless you have a problem with false knock causing timing retard. Not often a problem on a stock engine. It was specifically "tuned" to filter out the noise from the Crane Gold full roller rockers used in the LT4 engine. Its effectiveness in filtering other noises is debatable.

As far as the mods get the air in, get the exhaust out. After that, yuo have to decide whether you want to go after a few HP at a time with bolt-on mods, or jump right into a full heads & cam install.

Allow money in your budget for upgrades to the suspension and drivetrain. I good set of tires/wheels will work wonders on traction and handling. Lot's of choices on reasonable cost suspension upgrades.

Drivetrain for your A4 would consist of steeper gears in the rear, and a higher stall torque converter. Check your RPO code tag to see if your car came with the base 2.73 (GU2) gears, or the performance rear axle ratio - 3.23 (GU5).

Mods are an addiction. In the 13 years since I bought my 94 Formula, I've been all the way through the minor bolt-ons, on up to a full stroker rebuild with a 300-shot of nitrous..... and I still want more.
                        Fred

381ci all-forged stroker - 10.8:1 - CNC LT4 heads/intake - CC solid roller - MoTeC engine management - 8 LS1 coils - 58mm TB - 78# injectors - 300-shot dry nitrous - TH400 - Gear Vendor O/D - Strange 12-bolt - 4.11's - AS&M headers - duals - Corbeau seat - AutoMeter gauges - roll bar - Spohn suspension - QA1 shocks - a few other odds 'n ends. 800HP/800lb-ft at the flywheel, on a 300-shot. 11.5 @ 117MPH straight motor

Comment

As I always say, There is no such thing as to much.
                          Eddie
                          2000 M6 Trans Am
                          Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

thanks

Hey thanks for all the advice, guys! I'm getting a really good understanding of this vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Injuneer
                              Mods are an addiction. In the 13 years since I bought my 94 Formula, I've been all the way through the minor bolt-ons, on up to a full stroker rebuild with a 300-shot of nitrous..... and I still want more.
                              Fred put this very well as I can attest to this...I started with just a K&N filter and now have a fully built 355 with a 9" rear. It's kind of a hobby that never ends because no matter how much you've put in and built, there will always be more to do, or someone faster. It's a fun but expensive hobby. Good luck in your modding.
                              94 Black T/A GT, Advanced Induction 355, 3200 stall, built 4L60E, Moser 9", Baer Brakes, Shooting for 11s...

Comment

Working...
                              X