popping out of gear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• popping out of gear

I was at a light,turned green,I tried to go and heard a loud pop,and then the car was in neatrul,put the car back in first then it drove fine,What could have caused this,Should I be worried about something
    2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

u probablee just didnt have it all the way in gear. dont worry it will be fine.
    forged 383 LT1,11.5:1 compression,main girdle,custom comp cam,1.6 pro magnum rocker arms,ported heads,hooker supercomps,3"true duals,52mm throttle body,accel 300+ ignition,centerforce dfx clutch,B&M shifter,soon a 175 shot.

Comment

Just like 1995TA said. You didnt have it all the way in and forced it out. My car has done that plenty of times. Its loud and scares the crap out of me. lol
      Eddie
      2000 M6 Trans Am
      Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

hey it scared the crap out of me
        2000 blue mustang gt vert 5spd,18''cobra rims,light bar,stalker bodykit,lowered 2 1/2'',roush side exhaust /with x pipe ,bbk cai,power products 75mm tb and plenum Pro 5.0 3:90 gears,Custom 91 octane SCT tune

2000 red vw jetta,86k stock

1995 firebird formula ws6 clone,crashed,frame damage ,sold

Comment

My car does that in 3rd somewhat frequently as well.
          My DD
          2015 Lexus GS350 FSport

My toy

Comment

Ha ha ha. We are all just a bunch of lazy butts that are to lazy to push the shifter all the way in. ha ha ha ha ha
            Eddie
            2000 M6 Trans Am
            Tune+exhaust=344WHP

Comment

Haha that happened to me one time when i was gonna race some volvo kid off the stoplight line. i let the clutch out at 2k and the shifter smacked back into my hand. but i flew passed him when i caught up and threw it into 2nd
              -Ryan-

1997 Pontiac Firerbird Formula LT1/T56
              2006 Pontiac G6 GTP, 3.9L V6, 6-spd

Comment

Working...
              X