Need help with an oil leak....Please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with an oil leak....Please!

Hi guys! I just bought an 1997 Firebird Formula with only 19k miles on the clock. A doctor owned it and hardly ever drove it. It is white in color. Looks brand new.

However, It has the dreaded intake oil leak though. I know I'll have to fix it, but I noticed when I parked it with the front of the car facing downhill it smokes a little when you first start it up. It doesn't do it at any other angle.

It is leaking out the front of the intake also. Could it be possible that oil is seeping into one of the intake runners because of the dreaded intake oil leak. The engine doesn't miss.

I am open to your suggestions and thoughts.

Thanks Lee!
    Lee Stroud in West Virginia

Sure, it could be loose. That isn't such a hard job to fix. How much did you get the car for? - sounds like a nice find.

Comment

Could be front seals too. There are 3 on the front on the timing cover. If it's bad enough it will kill your opti too. Mine had both bad front seals and the intake was leaking from the front.
      Tracy, 97 Formula, pretty much stock.

Comment

I bought the car from a chevy dealership in Nitro Wv. They were asking 13,995 but I talked them down to 11,500.

I had a 1997 red Z28 but it got totaled about 1 month ago. A guy coming home from work fell asleep and hit me. The air bags came out busted the windsheild. He hit me so hard in the drivers side that it knocked his front tire off the truck. I am thankful to be a live and that we both walked away with maybe just a scratch.

I started hunting for a replacement and after about 2 or 3 weeks I found it at that dealership.

I know that the LS1 cars have more power but I have always liked the LT1 the best.

A lot of people have said that the odometer has rolled around but no thats not the case. I changed the fuel filter and air filter they were both AC Delco still the factory filters.

Now if I can just get these oil leaks fixed I be super happy. The car is really nice I'll get some pictures for ya tomarrow when I was and wax her up.

I searched long and hard these cars here with low miles are like finding needles in a hay stack as the saying goes!

Thanks Lee!

Comment

hope joe dont read this post.

but that is kinda odd. maybe one of the front valve seals is also leaking a tad? and when u angel it down, it does it just enough?
          2009 Honda Civic EX- the daily beater

old toys - 1983 trans am, 1988 trans am, 1986 IROC-Z, 2002 Ram Off-Road, 1984 K10, 1988 Mustang GT, 2006 Silverado 2500HD

Comment

hope joe dont read this post.

Why did I do something wrong! Was it something I said. I didn't mean to make anybody mad!

I don't post very often as you can see! I just listen.

I got $8,009.40 out of my 1997 Z28 that got totaled so all I got in the car is $5, 203.00 dollars.

Thanks Lee!

Comment

Joe unfortunately was in a severe accident a few months ago that totaled his WS6 by an idiot driver. His accident did require medical attention. Look for pics around the forum or a thread entitled by wolfman "OMG let's send our prayers folks!"

You didn't say anything wrong!

Glad to hear you got out alive!

2002 Firehawk Sold

Comment

I'm so sorry. My prayers are with Joe. I thought he had the meanest and sweetest ride.

I hope he gets better. I hadn't been on the board in a while so I didn't know

Comment

Working...
                X